2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
hot car to drive, body style lacking
By kool on 07/06/05 02:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

radio reception poor trim (chrome like) is a little cheesy... beautiful ride and comfort otherwise

Absolutely love my Absolutely Red Solara
By Ali on 06/23/05 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota knows how to build a fun-to- drive 4 cylinder car. Not only that, but this one looks hot, and rides smooth as well. After determining that an Infiniti G35 was a little out of the price bracket this year, I decided to trade in my wonderfully reliable, but well-worn Ford Escort for something more...stylish and grown-up. The engine compression is fantastic, even at lower RPMs, so I don't miss the control of the manual transmission. The seats are extremely comfortable, and the power adjustments on the driver's seat are worth every penny. But don't take my word for it!

It's a good quality item
By Jason on 06/07/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have found this to be an excellent vehicle. The fit and finish of the interior is excellent, very good quality materials with good styling. I've heard bad reviews about the engine and the power it produces, but I have zero complaints about the get up and go. The power is sporty enough for most normal human beings, and the car handles well through turns. Although the the owner's manual recommends premium fuel, you can still put regular in it without any problems. However, I think you'll notice a difference if you spend a little more on the premium.

sport and luxury!
By Lois on 06/06/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the best of both worlds. It's sporty without sacrificing ride and comfort.

great decision
By DAN on 05/03/05 00:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a SLE V6. Great decision! Interior fit and finish is fantastic, the engine is barely audible, and the ride is smooth and controlled. Love all the options for the price-V6, leather, heated seats, sunroof. The 2006's are out and I got a great deal on my 2005 model. Several dealers were willing to negotiate, I think they are trying to move the 2005 models off the lots. I compared it with the Honda Accord coupe (nicer inside, classier styling, manumatic instead of auto or 6 speed), the Infiniti G35 (much quieter, nicer inside!), and the Merecedes 230 sedan and coupe (more horses, much quieter, huge price advantage). I highly recommend this vehicle!

My Toyota
By R. Kaplan on 03/25/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car in almost every way. Just that the view out of the rear view mirror is awkward. Drives beautifully and handles well. Terrific brakes.

Dream Machine in Red
By Denise on 03/19/05 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car. It is so beautiful. Clean lines. Wonderful music system. Very easy to drive and handling and cornering is smooth. It has plenty of pep for my style of Metro driving. Seater heaters are very nice and I use them on cold morning. There is a blind spot on the right side... I have to be careful. The moon roof is perfect but a little noisey with the rubber wind shield, but doesnt blow my hair to pieces.

GOOD & BAD OF TOYOTA SE SPORT
By B OB SUMMERS on 03/18/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The styling of my Solara is very sleek and has been compared to the Lexus.The interior is beautifully trimmed with everything in its place. gas mileage on the open road is great. The only problem I have is the SE Sport is too stiff. I should have gotten the SE.

Beautiful Addition
By lance on 03/02/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful sporty vehicle that handles like a pricy sports car. Way fun to drive... turns heads. Roomy and very quiet.

Better than my Corvette and turns heads
By OVER on 02/27/05 20:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is beautiful, quiet, smart looking, very enjoyable to ride... and a sound system that is 2nd to none. While I could use another 50 horse power, the vehicle is very responsive, and fuel effecient... compared to my big Block 8 cyclinder chevy. I would put door guards on to prevent door dents... but the color is bright RED, and the interior is quality. I love to drive it... and so does my wife.