Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car!
By Great Convertible!

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. I've had a lot of cars, mostly imports, from Audis to VW and this is my 3rd Toyota and I think this Solara SLE is the best import I've had yet. A perfect buy for someone looking for a sporty, yet luxurious, front wheel drive (a must for me for winter) convertible with a non-manual top (what a pain the manuals are!), a large non-claustrophobic cabin with luxurious leather and well appointed and ergonomically designed controls, comfortable back seats and surprisingly large trunk. Good gas mileage at 23 mpg and good power for this v6. I looked at lots of convertibles, Audi TTs Saabs, Volvos, etc. but the Solara was the best for the money and I get compliments galore on it too!

Easy push button drop top, great seats, great lights for driving, good mpg, good sound system, power plugs in smart places, heated seats! Arctic air, quiet convertible!

I guess you can always improve a vehicle, but I'm happy with this the way it is!

Keep it in your lineup
By gotcha

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 4 BMWs, 3 Porsches, and numerous other cars in my lifetime; I must say this Toyota is the best of them all. Build quality and dependability is unmatched, and the comfort and economy is excellent. Keep building it!

Build quality, comfort, good looks and economy.

Driver's seat memory.

Great Car for the Money
By Mike

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car was a lot of firsts for me. It was my first Toyota, it was my first car I ever paid full list for and it was the first car my wife and I agreed upon from the get-go. It has been a great car. With the top up you don't know you'er in a convertible - it's that solid and quiet. With the top down it rates a 10/10 on the fun meter. It has been a trouble free ride and we both enjoy it. After three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, which were not bad, this was a real eye opener as to just how good a moderately priced car could really be. With the quality and luxury features, they could have put a Lexus badge on it and charged another $10K.

Fun to drive with the top down. Responsive engine with decent feul economy.

The stupid seat belt loops on the top of the front seats are totally worthless.

Perfect in Every Way
By Clemson JVB

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my '05 SLE convertible and it is the best car I've ever driven. I needed a convertible with a fairly large trunk that was reliable. I looked at Saabs, Hondas, etc., and the Solara performed miles better than the rest. The trunk is HUGE! I shopped at Sam's Club this weekend and everything fit neatly in the trunk. So, I put the top down and cruised happily home. Love it!

Ride comfort, size of trunk space, ease of putting the top down, reliability - after all, it's a Toyota.

The rear headrests cause a blind spot but I've gotten used to using the side mirrors to navigate. It's really not a problem.

Awesome to own!!!
By RCV

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the most practical and enjoyable vehicle I have ever seen and enjoyed. Solid Toyota performance, large truck space, and supior interior design makes this the convertible to own. Plus, you can have a party in the car unlike many two seaters. The front wheel drive traction control makes it a practical year-round car in the snow belt. -Drives better that your best SUVs on icy roads!

Convertible top! Leather interior with heated seating and the dashboard design.

Make the V6 a manual for the ultimate driving experience!