2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup on 03/10/07 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

LOVE this car :)
By me_lisa_m on 02/17/07 16:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I waited for years to invest in a convertible, and fell in love with this one. I waited until the color I wanted became available (I bought used) and I found one, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the navigational system (nicer than my husband's $55k Denali). The car is the best I have ever purchased. Highly recommend!

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204 on 01/25/07 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

I'm going back for another this fall!
By badassjen on 01/09/07 00:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far, the most reliable car I have ever owned. As an avid convertible fan, this being my fourth, I find the top up ride to be quite noiseless. You don't hear the wind noise, and no rattling. When the top is down, it is a head-turner. I was surprised that I am constantly stopped by people in parking lots or even at traffic lights so they can tell me how gorgeous my car is and ask me how I like it. As for the reliability, I have only had to have regular oil changes. I haven't had a single issue. The interior is gorgeous and flawless. The leather is great quality and the stereo system surpasses that of comparable cars. Overall, a great purchase!

GREAT CAR!
By Twink25 on 11/20/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best I've owned so far, drive quality and overall fit and finish is superb. The 4cyl. has plenty of zip and I especially like the smooth, quiet ride, it's far better than other sport-coupes I've owned and with much more space. Only thing I don't like is the air-conditioning, it doesn't seem to get very cold. I've taken it to the dealer to get it looked at and it checks out, it just doesn't run as well as other vehicles I've had. Otherwise, everything runs perfect. If you want a Lexus-quality car w/ a moderate price-tag, this is it!

The best convertible out there
By wcnesta on 10/14/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car when the 05s were introduced. I traded my 2000 Solara convertible for it. This 05 now has 10500 miles on it, due to a few trips to Florida from Connecticut. This car is so much better than the 2000 in almost every way, no rattles, wind noise and better handling. I feel it is the best convertible out there. The build quality is comparible to my LS400 Lexus. This car was manufactured as a convertible not chopped like the 2000.

Amazing car!!
By BarriBum on 09/20/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far the best car I've ever purchased. It is sporty yet roomy, rides almost like a luxury car but with serious kick, and people constantly comment on how sharp it is. I will absolutely buy a Solara again...I'm an author and travel to booksignings, so it was important to look good but be affordable and cost-efficient. I'm getting almost 30 miles per gallon on the highway, and for the performance and gas prices these days, that has been one of the most pleasant surprises!

Perfect
By lammy on 09/19/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is extremely comfortable, very roomy, it rides very smoothly, and has a very classy look. What more could you want?

best car ever owned
By j. m. stassi on 09/19/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

we have absolutely enjoyed this car and even had it customized to make it more of a guy's car with 18" black chrome wheels, blacked out grill and custom headlights and tail lights.... well worth the money to make the car more california street cool. only negative is the obstruction of rear view due to backseat headrests made standard in '05 for rollover safety.

Love it!
By Vicky P on 07/07/06 02:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just as my 1986 Toyota Camry was great, this 2005 Solara is greater. This car has great styling, quality, dependability, and ease of driving. The SLE model is fabulous since it does everything for you. You don't have to think about doing anything like when to put on or off the headlights or adjust the temperature, just set it and forget it. Makes my life so much easier and pleasant. I love it!