Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Just what we were waiting for!
By Bryant McCrary

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love everything about our Solara convertible except that the visibility of cars to your right is terrible, even dangerous.

Favorite Features

Ease and speed of putting the top down or up.

Suggested Improvements

Rear view/right rear view, in particular, visibility

I love my car
By Robbin

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car, it is great. Looks fantastic, lots of storage and very fun to drive. It has a lot of get up and go, I tested that part too, the ride is like driving a cloud, even at higher speeds. Out of all the cars I tested I was in love with this one, the rest I liked. Most convertibles dont have trunk space for much more than the top cover, this one has a large trunk for traveling, and this is the car to do it in. Can you tell I love MY car

Favorite Features

There are to many to mention all of them, but I like the stereo a lot with the 6 cd changer, the sound is fantastic. There is a lot of safety features that are very important. I don't think about them much, I am just glad they are there. The best part is the convertable top. It is solid.

Suggested Improvements

Put controls for more than one driver on seat settings, that way one button and your seat is back to your setting.

solara conv
By dave

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drives and looks sexy like a more exotic sports car. Very smooth and quiet. Specs are very good.

Favorite Features

Ease of top up and down. Responsive handling

Suggested Improvements

Voice activated Nav system, Multi Disc CD with Nav System. All light and window switches should be illuminated like Lexus. Boot should be easier to install

My Toyota
By R. Kaplan

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car in almost every way. Just that the view out of the rear view mirror is awkward. Drives beautifully and handles well. Terrific brakes.

Favorite Features

Easy to read dash.

Suggested Improvements

That rear view mirror.

Dream Machine in Red
By Denise

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car. It is so beautiful. Clean lines. Wonderful music system. Very easy to drive and handling and cornering is smooth. It has plenty of pep for my style of Metro driving. Seater heaters are very nice and I use them on cold morning. There is a blind spot on the right side... I have to be careful. The moon roof is perfect but a little noisey with the rubber wind shield, but doesnt blow my hair to pieces.

Favorite Features

I love the multi disc CD changer. I love the color ... ultimate red. The leather is very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I love the big trunk, it hold all my packages.

Suggested Improvements

Increase horse power, with dual exhaust. Side door guards to keep others from bumping the doors. Take the jerk out of the transmission when it shifts down.