2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Now We're Talkin' Coupe Again
By Now I'm Driven on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Yes! We just purchased a Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 coupe and got a great out- the-door-deal. That aside, the engine is smooth as silk, the ride is quiet and not too harsh. We elected to go with 16 in. aluminum wheels to avoid excessive tire wear. Back to the engine. It really is a sleeper. Like you may have read, it's not the fastest coupe, but boy is it stronger than my '83 Pontiac Trans Am (175 hp) and it is certainly better built and more reliable based on Toyota's anal fixation with quality, fit, and comfort. Hurry and get yours before they're all gone. We now own 2 Camrys (same color, sedan and coupe, 03 and 05 repsectively).

Beautiful
By Big Daddy T on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have baught new cars every 2-4 years for the last 32 years. This is hands down the best investment I ever made. Do not buy this car enless you love being noticed. It really brings the looks and comments.

just like a lexus
By daphne on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I Love my car, once i sat in it at the dealers, my mind was made up,the interior is so nice with the cherrywood grain ahhh, sweet,hey the car is noticed where ever I'm at, I get the same question, what kind of car is that? and boy is it nice, oh yea the solara, is my lexus and i would not have it any other way, daphne

Never Again
By flyer131 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Worst choice I've ever made in a vehicle. Charged full sticker price eventhough I asked what was the dealership's best price as per their "lowest price guaranteed" billboard. Day of delivery took over 2 hours to get the car. Car delivered dirty. I was asked to pay half the cost of the cargo net that was promised by the salesperson. Dealership very unresponsive to my concerns. Steering is very loose. Car seems to float over the road. Tires spin on wet pavement. Driver's seat has NO lower back support. Tilt steering blocks the view of the gauges. 4 cylinders lack power for merging onto highways. Carpet sheds! Worst of all is Toyota's poor customer assistance.

MY PERSONAL OPINION - FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
By R. BEGLEY on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

REAR WINDOW IS SMALL IN CONVERTABLES. THE HEAD REST ON REAR SEATS BLOCKS VISABILITY EVEN MORE. THEY COULD BE RETRACTABLE WHEN THERE ARE NO PASSENGERS. THAT WAY, YOU WOULD HAVE THE ENTIRE REAR WINDOW FOR VISABILITY.

First Toyota and First Convertable
By SueM on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look and style of the car. Interior is beautiful, very comfortable. Visibility is terrrible, alot of blind spots, backing up difficult to see. Hesitation on acceleration, otherwise love the car. Suprised for V6 pick up not what I expected, had a 2001 Eclipse, seemed like it had much more power and pick up.

Toyota's for us !
By MILK HAULER on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Toyota, first was a 03 Camry XLE. Wife had to have the soft top. So far this seems to be a great machine. Its got the bling factor she needed for a progressive real-estate broker. The fuel milage and sportyness to make it fun to drive! Thanks Toyota!

great!
By wadosfriend on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car drives effortlessly! Is very quiet. Handles great. Roomy inside even for backseat passengers. Would highly recommend this vehicle!

guality+price=value true
By sean smith on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

glad that I traded it with my 2000 jetta . It has a smooth ride although has 2.4L. wish I bought v6 which comes with 5 speed automatic trans. 4 cylendar comes with 4-speed the dealer did not mention that.

Feeling Younger
By albuqkid on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery my SLE Convertible on 9/02/04. The Artic Frost Pearl color with the Gold package is simply beautiful.This car is a real head turner. Every where I go people have to see this car. It is fun to drive. It is roomy and comfortable. Makes me feel young. At a quick glance, people think this is a Lexus.