Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

sport and luxury!
By Lois

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the best of both worlds. It's sporty without sacrificing ride and comfort.

Favorite Features

Outside styling. Interior comfort

Suggested Improvements

Different wheels. These are just a bit boring.

wonderful and fun ride
By Susan

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so outstanding! The interior is plush and functional. The front and back seats are very comfortable. I love the heated seats. After a long day working it feels great on the back. This car gets a lot of attention. People come and ask to see it inside and out. All my friends and family beg to drive it. The engine has great pickup. The mirrors and visibility are great. And the convertible feature is very easy to operate .

Favorite Features

The convertible feature of course is my favorite. There is nothing like having the top down and listening to the awesome sound system. I also love the wood trim and luxurous leather seats. The dashboard lights are 2 tone grey and black. Talk about a great look!

Suggested Improvements

It's hard to latch the right side on the convertible for me. I'm short and that is a problem.

Serious Solara
By Edmo

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! When in traffic around town, its smooth and quiet, but when the need arises.. there is power to spare! It's fun and quick. The JBL stereo works great and the convertable top is a champ! I had the sport ground effects added and he look is awsome! Get one today!

Mid-Life Crisis Killer!
By John Treble

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We shopped for weeks looking at BMW 3- series, Infiniti G35, Volvo S40, Audi A4, and Mercedes C-class. Even looked at a fully-loaded Maxima...but then stumbled across this little gem. Got the SLE without Navigation system for under $30K. This is the sweetest ride we have ever had. Acceleration is very good and you hit 70 MPH without realizing it (a speeding ticket just waiting to happen...) Seats are very comfortable. Top goes up and down effortlessly. Sound system is robust and easily controlled from steering wheel. Rear seating is suprisingly generous for a convertible. Our dogs LOVE it!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the incredible smile it put on my wife's face--- priceless! This killed a mid-life crisis dead in its tracks! Actually I like the sound system a LOT.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is extremely quiet. Would like to hear this kitten 'purr' a little more... it turns heads with its good looks already.

rag topper
By cruzin

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping for a midsize convertible I was down to the Solara totally loaded, or the Saab 9-3 linear. Both were excellent vehicles. However I thought I got a bigger bang for the buck with the Toyota, which had nav, body side molding, auto starter, pin striping and side airbags. The ride is as smooth as a larger convertible. The power is ample esp. with that slap stick which is a lot of fun. The top works nicely but the boot deal is a pain, unlike the Saab, but the mileage, ah that is great. On a recent trip I got 32.7 miles and thatís regular gas. All in all I like this car and seem to enjoy it more and more each time I drive it.

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car the lines are similiar to the es300, gas mileage and the seats are very comfortable. Oh and the nav is great, very readable and accurate, same as lexus

Suggested Improvements

Bad blind spot on the pass side between rearview mirror and sideview ... make sure the mirrors are set before driving