2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best Car I Have Ever Had
By rkempen on 11/08/04 01:44 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am amazed of how much I love this car.

Mediocre Review
By bsb1 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Lot of fun to show off and drive with the top down! Have had several quality issues including: paint peeling off the rear!, gear shift module (plastic component broke), alignment issues. All within the first 5000 miles! Cowl shake still noticeable. Stereo system is OK, although not remarkable (it is no Bose). Definately performs like a mid- level family sedan rather than a sports car. Would love to see the same size and styling with a sportier suspension system, and by all means, a manual transmission! Averaging 21mpg in the city and 27mpg on the highway. Sheet metal "feel" is the worst of any car I have owned.

Classy yet Sophisticated
By Tiffa on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never made a better investment. I have no complaints whatsoever with this car. I was even involved in 2 minor accidents and the car held up beyone my expectations and I didn't it feel the impact as much as I would have in my old car.

Jeff's review
By fertdawg on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car looks great on the outside as well as the insdie but the performance is sub-par. Pick up is sluggish compared to other v-6's in the market. The transmittion also has its own problems as it tends to rush into third gear, abd the driver gets the feeling of anticipation as the transmittion down shifts. While slowing down at a red light, and it turns green, pressing on the accelerater will make the transmittion jump awkardly. After market parts are hard to get. For example, to get a aftermarket head unit you would have to get a new kit for that section of the dashboard, becuase the current dash board theme is samll.

Ridcockulous ride!
By Dingleberry on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this car is so hot everywhere i go people stare. of course mines souped up but nonetheless its hot and it gets the attention it rightfully deserves

Drive By Wire
By Joe_P on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more pleased with this "Personal Car". A joy to drive, and compared to most, takes the curves "on rails". Main reservations center on the "drive-by-wire aspects: a brief hitch in throttle, shift, and brake response while a "chip" considers the drivers intentions. Most serious reservation: the vacume assist brakes which stop OK, but only after the pedal is half way to the floor!

Best Convertible for the Price
By Art007 on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exellent JBL sound system, impressive fit and finish, well laid out interior, head turning exterior design, padded convertible roof. Loaded with little extras: one button to raise/lower all windows, simple and speedy top, intelligent front passenger seat airbag. Glove box and center dash cubby open as if on hydraulics. Tilt and telescope steering wheel and full power drivers seat ensure a comfortable driving position. Optional Day Time Running lights is a plus.

Best solid fun in years!
By Russ on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Jet Black exterior with tan hides and tan rag top. Loaded and the best navigation system ever! Great quality, superior looks and finish. Too many features to list here. Why pay 45k to 56k for other convertibles? This baby is sharp!

Beautiful Car
By Littlfeather108 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent buy. One of the first things that caught our eye was the amount of room. Better half is 6'4" and fits very comfortably. The car itself has a classy look. We chose the 2005 Red SLE. I am constantly getting asked how I like my new Lexus. It is very similar in style to a Lexus. It has an amazing amount of "get up and go" for a 4 cylinder. This one has the moon roof which we like very much. The car is so quiet it is hard to tell if it is running or not. The sound system is very adequate and the dash design is very sporty. It has a roomy trunk, and the back seat boasts plenty of room for long legged passengers. This is an excellent car for the money.

A great car for me!
By clh42980 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just brought home my 05 SE Sport Coupe (V6), I have researched so many cars on edmunds.com before making my selection. I am a eclipse gal (had 4), still have a 00 eclipse gt BUT the inside is so very tiny on it. I was looking for something a bit more spacious, even looked at the Lexus is300, but decided to go with the Solara b/c it's front wheel drive. This car is still very stylish like my eclipse, but a bit more upscale. I have so much more room! There is a bad blind spot when changing lanes in the 00eclipse's, but I can see clearly in the solara! Also, the inside is not cramped. I can have more room (w/the sportronic gearshifter too), with still a 2 door car. Def a good choice for me.