2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
FABOULOUS Car
By Teresa on 01/03/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

WOW this car is like driving a $50,000 Car! Check out the safety rating and the residual value! Hands down this is the BEST car on the market! What more could you want and at a value price!And the 4 cyl. drives like a 6 only better gas milage! I LOVE IT! !

Happy with my Research and Choice
By Mary on 12/11/04 13:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my choice of vehicle, and would suggest the car purchase to anyone.

I LOVE THIS FABULOUS CAR!
By 2005 Toyota Solara on 12/11/04 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although I also own a 1998 740IL BMW, I find myself driving my Toyota Camry SLE Convertible more than my BMW! It's fun to drive, I especially love the easy to use GPS, and the convertible top is so easy and quick to use. It's surprising solid.....and I'm a European car snob. Before this Toyota, I had only owned BMW's. After owning this car, I plan on sticking with the Japanese cars from now on!

Best I have ever had
By Pamela Byrd on 12/11/04 07:36 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been amazed by the performance of this car. We went from a Lincoln Continental to the Solara and I was a little concerned about the comfort and accceleration. We have enjoyed it and have no complaints other than the heating and cooling system. It seems like it is hard to adjust. Other than that all I can say is THANKS TOYOTA.

05 solara low build qualit rattles etc.
By Rick on 12/07/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Solara is just ok, build quality does not meet my expectations for a (TOYOTA), rattles, thumps and bumps. I hope the reliability lives up to expectation. I wish I had spent a few thousand more for a Mercedes C-Class! We have one my wife drives, it is a PERFECT 10! CAUTION sady finance and insurance dealings. WATCH OUT, I caught them. Buy a C-Class! Rick

Good performance for a V4
By S.C. on 12/01/04 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far, I have driven it for 7000+ miles and am still very happy with it. It surprises me how fast and stable a V4 auto can do on the road. The body structure seems much stronger than all other japanese cars that we owned. I don't think I could get a car better than this one at the same price.

The definition of Refinement
By redneb on 11/26/04 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth, quiet and comfortable. I have owned this car for 7 months. Previous car was a Chrysler Sebring Conv which I owned and drove for 7 years. Solara is far quieter has good interior space including trunk, nice 5-speed auto trans [although I would prefer a stick.] Confidence inspiring brakes...Toyota reliability. Good size fuel tank and excellent highway MPG of about 30.

Great Value
By wedgeman on 11/16/04 22:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Sebring for 5 years, which I traded for this car, and drove a Mustang convertabe a few times, and this blows them away. You would have to spend 15k more to get a comparable car. It is smooth, quite, and has all the features you would expect. The only draw back is the boot. It is very clumbsy and hard to fit. But the car is quiet, has plenty of room for a rag top, and I would expect Toyota reliability. It was hard to find in my area, and the dealer stood firm on the price but at this point it was worth it. A stylish, solid , and quiet convertable for the price. Looking forward to the spring!

Great car and having fun!
By Alamo guy on 11/13/04 18:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just into my 3000 miles and I love the vehicle. Comfortable driving .... good acceleration and fun with the top down on a road trip. Plent of compliments from strangers and most are surprised by the price. Biggest problem is getting my daughters from behind the wheel.

2004 Camry Solara SLE Convertible
By steve7749 on 11/11/04 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This convertible meets my expectations with the exception of fuel economy far below the EPA estimates.