Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
rag topper
By cruzin

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping for a midsize convertible I was down to the Solara totally loaded, or the Saab 9-3 linear. Both were excellent vehicles. However I thought I got a bigger bang for the buck with the Toyota, which had nav, body side molding, auto starter, pin striping and side airbags. The ride is as smooth as a larger convertible. The power is ample esp. with that slap stick which is a lot of fun. The top works nicely but the boot deal is a pain, unlike the Saab, but the mileage, ah that is great. On a recent trip I got 32.7 miles and thatís regular gas. All in all I like this car and seem to enjoy it more and more each time I drive it.

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car the lines are similiar to the es300, gas mileage and the seats are very comfortable. Oh and the nav is great, very readable and accurate, same as lexus

Suggested Improvements

Bad blind spot on the pass side between rearview mirror and sideview ... make sure the mirrors are set before driving

One year later and still in love
By rscott77x

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is still a delight to me every weekend when I drive it (I metro to work during the week). It is a real looker. Folks stare! Build quality is a daily joy. This was my first new car in 30 years and worth the wait.

Favorite Features

DVD NAV, cream colored leather interior (hard to find in a new car), powerful engine, spacious trunk. This design is a perfect base for more high end features for which I would have gladly paid.

Suggested Improvements

More cabin illumination, power passenger seat, footwell and puddle lights, directional lights in mirrors, illuminated top and window switches (hard to find at night), factory installed satellite radio.

LOVE this car :)
By me_lisa_m

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I waited for years to invest in a convertible, and fell in love with this one. I waited until the color I wanted became available (I bought used) and I found one, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the navigational system (nicer than my husband's $55k Denali). The car is the best I have ever purchased. Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

All.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots when top up, but you get used to them.

Great Car!
By Great Convertible!

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. I've had a lot of cars, mostly imports, from Audis to VW and this is my 3rd Toyota and I think this Solara SLE is the best import I've had yet. A perfect buy for someone looking for a sporty, yet luxurious, front wheel drive (a must for me for winter) convertible with a non-manual top (what a pain the manuals are!), a large non-claustrophobic cabin with luxurious leather and well appointed and ergonomically designed controls, comfortable back seats and surprisingly large trunk. Good gas mileage at 23 mpg and good power for this v6. I looked at lots of convertibles, Audi TTs Saabs, Volvos, etc. but the Solara was the best for the money and I get compliments galore on it too!

Favorite Features

Easy push button drop top, great seats, great lights for driving, good mpg, good sound system, power plugs in smart places, heated seats! Arctic air, quiet convertible!

Suggested Improvements

I guess you can always improve a vehicle, but I'm happy with this the way it is!

Finally!
By Dennis

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of years patiently waiting, I finally found the Solara ragtop for me! The '05 beauty was an off lease vehicle with only 27k miles and was spotless inside and out. It was obviously well cared for during its lease tenure and is still perfect now. Love the heated front seats and the fact that it seats 4 quite comfortably. Trunk space is awesome and it rides/handles much like a BMW 325. (although a bit anemic in the power dept.) I shopped BMW's and Mercedes as well but the Solara is a much better value for the $$. This one's definitely a keeper!

Favorite Features

Dash layout, huge trunk, JBL sound system, comfortable seating, great looks.

Suggested Improvements

Can't make improvements anymore. Model discontinued in '08. It's now a Lexus Isc!!