Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

Favorite Features

Body style, nice leather, FREEZING A/C, stereo/CD good, quiet, gas mileage, HUGE trunk, Lots of legroom up front, cabin room, overall look of car (especially with headlights/foglights on!), and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could have better acceleration, Rain drip problem, limited sight (blind spots) from driver's seat, glare off dash on windshield.

Love it!
By Vicky P

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just as my 1986 Toyota Camry was great, this 2005 Solara is greater. This car has great styling, quality, dependability, and ease of driving. The SLE model is fabulous since it does everything for you. You don't have to think about doing anything like when to put on or off the headlights or adjust the temperature, just set it and forget it. Makes my life so much easier and pleasant. I love it!

Favorite Features

Auto lights and temperature and leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements necessary.

Great Car!!!
By Rob Powers

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent car.First toyotal and we are very pleased.ONE major complaint is that the posterior design creates a huge blind spot for the driver.You better be a driver who uses your mirrors very well otherwise you might have problems.Fuel economy is oustanding,34mgp/highway at 75mph. Blind spot may make us sell car, my wife cant see very well with the blind spots. 4cyl engine gets the car out of its own way very nicely so we decided no need for V6 and save few bucks on gas.

Favorite Features

Loaded interior is wonderful. Love the radio controls on the steering wheel, nice leather seats, lots of space.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the major blind spots for the driver and remove the center hump from the back seat so 5 people can sit in this car comfortably.

Exceeding Expectations
By J. Armstrong

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a terrific car - reliable, elegant, comfortable, solid, and sexy without a mid-life crisis look.

Favorite Features

The SLE interior has to be the most beautifully designed in its class: leather; JBL sound; sport trim. The handling and the driver's seat adjustability make driving this Solara a true pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the 3 mirrors as much as possible, as well as the rear window.

FABULOUS
By Cher

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is like driving a luxury car. Styled like the Lexus es 330 ! Priced much LESS! Wow what a BARGAIN! You'll think you are driving a EXPENSIVE LEXUS and people will have to look twice! GREAT CAR TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

European styling.

Suggested Improvements

BEAUTIFUL!