2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

Favorite Features

Body style, nice leather, FREEZING A/C, stereo/CD good, quiet, gas mileage, HUGE trunk, Lots of legroom up front, cabin room, overall look of car (especially with headlights/foglights on!), and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could have better acceleration, Rain drip problem, limited sight (blind spots) from driver's seat, glare off dash on windshield.

Love it!
By Vicky P

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just as my 1986 Toyota Camry was great, this 2005 Solara is greater. This car has great styling, quality, dependability, and ease of driving. The SLE model is fabulous since it does everything for you. You don't have to think about doing anything like when to put on or off the headlights or adjust the temperature, just set it and forget it. Makes my life so much easier and pleasant. I love it!

Favorite Features

Auto lights and temperature and leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements necessary.

Great Car!!!
By Rob Powers

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent car.First toyotal and we are very pleased.ONE major complaint is that the posterior design creates a huge blind spot for the driver.You better be a driver who uses your mirrors very well otherwise you might have problems.Fuel economy is oustanding,34mgp/highway at 75mph. Blind spot may make us sell car, my wife cant see very well with the blind spots. 4cyl engine gets the car out of its own way very nicely so we decided no need for V6 and save few bucks on gas.

Favorite Features

Loaded interior is wonderful. Love the radio controls on the steering wheel, nice leather seats, lots of space.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the major blind spots for the driver and remove the center hump from the back seat so 5 people can sit in this car comfortably.

Exceeding Expectations
By J. Armstrong

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a terrific car - reliable, elegant, comfortable, solid, and sexy without a mid-life crisis look.

Favorite Features

The SLE interior has to be the most beautifully designed in its class: leather; JBL sound; sport trim. The handling and the driver's seat adjustability make driving this Solara a true pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the 3 mirrors as much as possible, as well as the rear window.

FABULOUS
By Cher

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is like driving a luxury car. Styled like the Lexus es 330 ! Priced much LESS! Wow what a BARGAIN! You'll think you are driving a EXPENSIVE LEXUS and people will have to look twice! GREAT CAR TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

European styling.

Suggested Improvements

BEAUTIFUL!

FABOULOUS Car
By Teresa

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

WOW this car is like driving a $50,000 Car! Check out the safety rating and the residual value! Hands down this is the BEST car on the market! What more could you want and at a value price!And the 4 cyl. drives like a 6 only better gas milage! I LOVE IT! !

Favorite Features

Looks like a $50,000 dollar car! Sleek european look styling!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a few more colors to pick from. I like the Pearl White the best!

Ridcockulous ride!
By Dingleberry

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this car is so hot everywhere i go people stare. of course mines souped up but nonetheless its hot and it gets the attention it rightfully deserves

Favorite Features

6 in dash cd player, navi system

Suggested Improvements

the doors are friggin huge!

Beautiful Car
By Littlfeather108

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent buy. One of the first things that caught our eye was the amount of room. Better half is 6'4" and fits very comfortably. The car itself has a classy look. We chose the 2005 Red SLE. I am constantly getting asked how I like my new Lexus. It is very similar in style to a Lexus. It has an amazing amount of "get up and go" for a 4 cylinder. This one has the moon roof which we like very much. The car is so quiet it is hard to tell if it is running or not. The sound system is very adequate and the dash design is very sporty. It has a roomy trunk, and the back seat boasts plenty of room for long legged passengers. This is an excellent car for the money.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, 6 CD Changer, Roomy front and back seats, body style makes it look really sporty, Easy to drive and handle on the road.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would suggest are better tires.

Never Again
By flyer131

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Worst choice I've ever made in a vehicle. Charged full sticker price eventhough I asked what was the dealership's best price as per their "lowest price guaranteed" billboard. Day of delivery took over 2 hours to get the car. Car delivered dirty. I was asked to pay half the cost of the cargo net that was promised by the salesperson. Dealership very unresponsive to my concerns. Steering is very loose. Car seems to float over the road. Tires spin on wet pavement. Driver's seat has NO lower back support. Tilt steering blocks the view of the gauges. 4 cylinders lack power for merging onto highways. Carpet sheds! Worst of all is Toyota's poor customer assistance.

Favorite Features

Decent gas mileage. Fairly smooth ride. Easily maintains highway speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Instrument guages move with tilt steering. Do not offer this car in four cyclinders - too little power. Use better quality plastics on the interior and better quality seat materials. Increase lower back support in the seats. Upgrade carpet materials.

Excellent Car~
By muzz

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nothin to say but so good!

Favorite Features

Interior, leather seat, moonroof and sound

Suggested Improvements

better tires like 225-ZR-45.