Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

Favorite Features

I love the suspension and drivetrain the most. I have the 3.3 liter V6 which has enough power to live as exiting a driving life as most feel comfortable with. My wife constantly comments that my car can "go so much faster around corners" than hers. The suspension is definitely a plus!

Best coupe in its class...
By Mac

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Engine a sleeper? This car is much faster than Accord with 240 ponies - greater torque, and at lower engine speeds + sequential shifter... For all complainers out there - try to shift it while driving - this car just might surprise you... I bought it for my wife and she loves it - beautiful interior, Lexus-like build quality, quiet engine, great performance, awesome stereo (option), and red interior with high quality beige cloth interior. I highly recommend this car instead of much overrated Accord....

Favorite Features

Performance, fun to drive, stylish interior, high quality build and materials, gigantic trunk, comfort, and ride quality (very, very smooth)

Now We're Talkin' Coupe Again
By Now I'm Driven

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Yes! We just purchased a Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 coupe and got a great out- the-door-deal. That aside, the engine is smooth as silk, the ride is quiet and not too harsh. We elected to go with 16 in. aluminum wheels to avoid excessive tire wear. Back to the engine. It really is a sleeper. Like you may have read, it's not the fastest coupe, but boy is it stronger than my '83 Pontiac Trans Am (175 hp) and it is certainly better built and more reliable based on Toyota's anal fixation with quality, fit, and comfort. Hurry and get yours before they're all gone. We now own 2 Camrys (same color, sedan and coupe, 03 and 05 repsectively).

Favorite Features

3.3 L VVT-I V6, silver accented interior,real-time mpg display, satellite audio/display controls,4 channel 4 wheel abs, side air bags (standard),cruise control,quick cooling air conditioner,automatic on/off head/fog lights,telescoping steering wheel,the trunk is cavernous,side airbags standard.

Suggested Improvements

I could say more ponies, but with gas prices being so volatile, that might not be a an improvement.

MY PERSONAL OPINION - FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
By R. BEGLEY

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

REAR WINDOW IS SMALL IN CONVERTABLES. THE HEAD REST ON REAR SEATS BLOCKS VISABILITY EVEN MORE. THEY COULD BE RETRACTABLE WHEN THERE ARE NO PASSENGERS. THAT WAY, YOU WOULD HAVE THE ENTIRE REAR WINDOW FOR VISABILITY.

Favorite Features

THE RADIO ON THE STEERING WHEEL IS A GREAT SAFETY FEATURE. IT ALSO HELPS TO HAVE THE COMPASS ON THE REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Suggested Improvements

MAKE THE HEAD REST ON THE BACK SEATS RETRACTABLE WHEN NO ONE IS SITTING IN THE BACK OF AUTO. VISABILITY WOULD BE GREATLY IMPROVED.