2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup on 03/10/07 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

Best coupe in its class...
By Mac on 01/20/05 00:08 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Engine a sleeper? This car is much faster than Accord with 240 ponies - greater torque, and at lower engine speeds + sequential shifter... For all complainers out there - try to shift it while driving - this car just might surprise you... I bought it for my wife and she loves it - beautiful interior, Lexus-like build quality, quiet engine, great performance, awesome stereo (option), and red interior with high quality beige cloth interior. I highly recommend this car instead of much overrated Accord....

Now We're Talkin' Coupe Again
By Now I'm Driven on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Yes! We just purchased a Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 coupe and got a great out- the-door-deal. That aside, the engine is smooth as silk, the ride is quiet and not too harsh. We elected to go with 16 in. aluminum wheels to avoid excessive tire wear. Back to the engine. It really is a sleeper. Like you may have read, it's not the fastest coupe, but boy is it stronger than my '83 Pontiac Trans Am (175 hp) and it is certainly better built and more reliable based on Toyota's anal fixation with quality, fit, and comfort. Hurry and get yours before they're all gone. We now own 2 Camrys (same color, sedan and coupe, 03 and 05 repsectively).

MY PERSONAL OPINION - FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
By R. BEGLEY on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

REAR WINDOW IS SMALL IN CONVERTABLES. THE HEAD REST ON REAR SEATS BLOCKS VISABILITY EVEN MORE. THEY COULD BE RETRACTABLE WHEN THERE ARE NO PASSENGERS. THAT WAY, YOU WOULD HAVE THE ENTIRE REAR WINDOW FOR VISABILITY.