Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I Own Two Solaras Now
By Cyndi Burkey

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even though this car is no longer being manufactured I believe it's becoming a cult car. People absolutely love their Solara's! Reliability and safety are biggies for me as I drive throughout California and to and from Montana on a regular basis. The Solara fits my needs beautifully! I own a second Solara - 2004-V-4 SL - in red. When I bought it in 2006 it had 63K miles and it now has over 200,000 miles - it never failed me on the road. A few months ago I bought my second Solara - a 2005 - V-4 Champagne-colored SLE with 51K miles. Though it came with an excellent JBL radio, I wanted to bring the technology up-to-date so I bought an after-market JBL Bluetooth/SIRRUS/Pandora Radio tuner - which gives me some excellent tunes and hands-free phone. The comfort of my car is never an issue - I wish it had more kick, but insisted on buying the V-4 vehicles because I get great mileage - sometimes 30 mpg. People have always loved my Solaras...they are real beauties. I'll never understand why Toyota let go of a sure thing.

GREAT CAR!
By Twink25

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best I've owned so far, drive quality and overall fit and finish is superb. The 4cyl. has plenty of zip and I especially like the smooth, quiet ride, it's far better than other sport-coupes I've owned and with much more space. Only thing I don't like is the air-conditioning, it doesn't seem to get very cold. I've taken it to the dealer to get it looked at and it checks out, it just doesn't run as well as other vehicles I've had. Otherwise, everything runs perfect. If you want a Lexus-quality car w/ a moderate price-tag, this is it!

Sleek look, quiet and smooth ride.

Interior headroom, needs colder A/C!

Great economy, zero fun
By Kent

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable, great mileage. Very uncomfortable interior design. Toyota cheaped out on the interior. The seats are the worst. Body looks great but feels cheap and looks cheap when you look close. Great truck space. Very zippy for a 4 cylinder. Radio controls on steering wheel are nice but they don't allow you so scan, you can only choose preselected channels??

Body style looks like a high end lexus.

Better seats with more support - like sitting on a crate. Need better color choices.

Toyota Camry Solara SE Couple
By Kent

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking car, mechanically sound, fantastic mileage. Lack comfort. Very poor seat design. Handling is a little stiff/awkward. Sound system is fine, trunk space roomy.

Great body style

The seats need major improvement as do the seat belt locations.