2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204 on 01/25/07 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

Love it!
By Vicky P on 07/07/06 02:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just as my 1986 Toyota Camry was great, this 2005 Solara is greater. This car has great styling, quality, dependability, and ease of driving. The SLE model is fabulous since it does everything for you. You don't have to think about doing anything like when to put on or off the headlights or adjust the temperature, just set it and forget it. Makes my life so much easier and pleasant. I love it!

Great Car!!!
By Rob Powers on 08/11/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent car.First toyotal and we are very pleased.ONE major complaint is that the posterior design creates a huge blind spot for the driver.You better be a driver who uses your mirrors very well otherwise you might have problems.Fuel economy is oustanding,34mgp/highway at 75mph. Blind spot may make us sell car, my wife cant see very well with the blind spots. 4cyl engine gets the car out of its own way very nicely so we decided no need for V6 and save few bucks on gas.

Exceeding Expectations
By J. Armstrong on 07/17/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a terrific car - reliable, elegant, comfortable, solid, and sexy without a mid-life crisis look.

FABULOUS
By Cher on 02/06/05 11:54 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is like driving a luxury car. Styled like the Lexus es 330 ! Priced much LESS! Wow what a BARGAIN! You'll think you are driving a EXPENSIVE LEXUS and people will have to look twice! GREAT CAR TOYOTA!

FABOULOUS Car
By Teresa on 01/03/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

WOW this car is like driving a $50,000 Car! Check out the safety rating and the residual value! Hands down this is the BEST car on the market! What more could you want and at a value price!And the 4 cyl. drives like a 6 only better gas milage! I LOVE IT! !

Ridcockulous ride!
By Dingleberry on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this car is so hot everywhere i go people stare. of course mines souped up but nonetheless its hot and it gets the attention it rightfully deserves

Beautiful Car
By Littlfeather108 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent buy. One of the first things that caught our eye was the amount of room. Better half is 6'4" and fits very comfortably. The car itself has a classy look. We chose the 2005 Red SLE. I am constantly getting asked how I like my new Lexus. It is very similar in style to a Lexus. It has an amazing amount of "get up and go" for a 4 cylinder. This one has the moon roof which we like very much. The car is so quiet it is hard to tell if it is running or not. The sound system is very adequate and the dash design is very sporty. It has a roomy trunk, and the back seat boasts plenty of room for long legged passengers. This is an excellent car for the money.

Never Again
By flyer131 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Worst choice I've ever made in a vehicle. Charged full sticker price eventhough I asked what was the dealership's best price as per their "lowest price guaranteed" billboard. Day of delivery took over 2 hours to get the car. Car delivered dirty. I was asked to pay half the cost of the cargo net that was promised by the salesperson. Dealership very unresponsive to my concerns. Steering is very loose. Car seems to float over the road. Tires spin on wet pavement. Driver's seat has NO lower back support. Tilt steering blocks the view of the gauges. 4 cylinders lack power for merging onto highways. Carpet sheds! Worst of all is Toyota's poor customer assistance.

Excellent Car~
By muzz on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nothin to say but so good!