2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Nice Car
By zachj7 on 12/30/13 18:44 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By dla77 on 06/05/11 02:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Solara with 105,000 miles on it and I absolutely love it! I've had the car for 5 years now and it's a true head turner, there is nothing on the road that looks like it. I've also had no major problems with the car. I'm 6'5" & about 290 lbs and there is plenty of head room and the most leg room of any car I've ever driven. This is without a doubt the most comfortable car I've ever driven; including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The car comfortably seats 4 and maybe 5 if the three in the back are smaller people. It is great on gas mileage and the upkeep is next to nothing. The only issues that I've had are the alignment and balancing issues with the tires that others have stated

Awesome car
By Melissa Boyle on 02/24/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, this is my second Toyota I love it. My first Toyota was a 1998 Camry. This is a great sports car. It is roomy and the trunk is huge. Love it. If you are ever looking for a great car that is built to last this is the car for you.

Keep it in your lineup
By gotcha on 01/26/08 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 4 BMWs, 3 Porsches, and numerous other cars in my lifetime; I must say this Toyota is the best of them all. Build quality and dependability is unmatched, and the comfort and economy is excellent. Keep building it!

2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup on 03/10/07 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204 on 01/25/07 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

GREAT CAR!
By Twink25 on 11/20/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best I've owned so far, drive quality and overall fit and finish is superb. The 4cyl. has plenty of zip and I especially like the smooth, quiet ride, it's far better than other sport-coupes I've owned and with much more space. Only thing I don't like is the air-conditioning, it doesn't seem to get very cold. I've taken it to the dealer to get it looked at and it checks out, it just doesn't run as well as other vehicles I've had. Otherwise, everything runs perfect. If you want a Lexus-quality car w/ a moderate price-tag, this is it!

Amazing car!!
By BarriBum on 09/20/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far the best car I've ever purchased. It is sporty yet roomy, rides almost like a luxury car but with serious kick, and people constantly comment on how sharp it is. I will absolutely buy a Solara again...I'm an author and travel to booksignings, so it was important to look good but be affordable and cost-efficient. I'm getting almost 30 miles per gallon on the highway, and for the performance and gas prices these days, that has been one of the most pleasant surprises!

Love it!
By Vicky P on 07/07/06 02:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just as my 1986 Toyota Camry was great, this 2005 Solara is greater. This car has great styling, quality, dependability, and ease of driving. The SLE model is fabulous since it does everything for you. You don't have to think about doing anything like when to put on or off the headlights or adjust the temperature, just set it and forget it. Makes my life so much easier and pleasant. I love it!

Great economy, zero fun
By Kent on 07/06/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable, great mileage. Very uncomfortable interior design. Toyota cheaped out on the interior. The seats are the worst. Body looks great but feels cheap and looks cheap when you look close. Great truck space. Very zippy for a 4 cylinder. Radio controls on steering wheel are nice but they don't allow you so scan, you can only choose preselected channels??