Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I Own Two Solaras Now
By Cyndi Burkey

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even though this car is no longer being manufactured I believe it's becoming a cult car. People absolutely love their Solara's! Reliability and safety are biggies for me as I drive throughout California and to and from Montana on a regular basis. The Solara fits my needs beautifully! I own a second Solara - 2004-V-4 SL - in red. When I bought it in 2006 it had 63K miles and it now has over 200,000 miles - it never failed me on the road. A few months ago I bought my second Solara - a 2005 - V-4 Champagne-colored SLE with 51K miles. Though it came with an excellent JBL radio, I wanted to bring the technology up-to-date so I bought an after-market JBL Bluetooth/SIRRUS/Pandora Radio tuner - which gives me some excellent tunes and hands-free phone. The comfort of my car is never an issue - I wish it had more kick, but insisted on buying the V-4 vehicles because I get great mileage - sometimes 30 mpg. People have always loved my Solaras...they are real beauties. I'll never understand why Toyota let go of a sure thing.

Nice Car
By zachj7

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

The look The fuel economy The reliability

XM-serius? They put a button but it doesn't do anything. How bout some buttons on the steering wheel, Tighter steering Other than that, great car

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By dla77

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Solara with 105,000 miles on it and I absolutely love it! I've had the car for 5 years now and it's a true head turner, there is nothing on the road that looks like it. I've also had no major problems with the car. I'm 6'5" & about 290 lbs and there is plenty of head room and the most leg room of any car I've ever driven. This is without a doubt the most comfortable car I've ever driven; including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The car comfortably seats 4 and maybe 5 if the three in the back are smaller people. It is great on gas mileage and the upkeep is next to nothing. The only issues that I've had are the alignment and balancing issues with the tires that others have stated

Awesome car
By Melissa Boyle

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, this is my second Toyota I love it. My first Toyota was a 1998 Camry. This is a great sports car. It is roomy and the trunk is huge. Love it. If you are ever looking for a great car that is built to last this is the car for you.

Trunk space, reliability, quality, low maintenance

none

Keep it in your lineup
By gotcha

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 4 BMWs, 3 Porsches, and numerous other cars in my lifetime; I must say this Toyota is the best of them all. Build quality and dependability is unmatched, and the comfort and economy is excellent. Keep building it!

Build quality, comfort, good looks and economy.

Driver's seat memory.