Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

One of the best I've ever owned.
By Barbara Lestician

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It handles with the conditions of the roads. When it was icy and slippery it holds the road great. Performance over all is excellent.

Favorite Features

The style of the car is better than the BMW. Mostly like the top down on the convertible in all temps.

Suggested Improvements

The navigator can be improved like the one I had in the Camry 2003. This one is complicated for me, that is. The rear view mirrow is too small and a very bad blind spot on the right back passenger side, and drivers side too. Wish they could come out with the hardtop convertible.

Top Down Excellence
By CPisieczko

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara for a couple months now, and am happier with it every day. After shopping I was down to the Solara and a Mercedes 320. This was by far the better buy, as it has the quality and styling of any car on the market. The only drawback I have is the poor visibility in the rear when the top is up, but that's true with most convertibles. I've had several Chrysler convertibles, and there is NO Comparison.

Favorite Features

SAT radio, sound system, and open air comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The rear vision needs improvement, but I don't think there is much that can be done. Also vibration of rear seatbelts causes noise sometimes when the top is down.

The Dream Convertible
By Terri Noyes

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have waited since I was 16 to find the perfect convertible-the Toyota Solara is fantastic-it is the quality of a luxury car with an unbelievably great price.

Favorite Features

It is spacious inside, very comfortable for all passengers. Handles well. Very powerful engine. Beautiful styling

Serious Solara
By Edmo

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! When in traffic around town, its smooth and quiet, but when the need arises.. there is power to spare! It's fun and quick. The JBL stereo works great and the convertable top is a champ! I had the sport ground effects added and he look is awsome! Get one today!

Comfy, not sporty
By Michael Betcher

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fast enough, good-handling enough for the occasional spirited flog, but this car makes me want to drive slowly and enjoy the open-air experience rather than rush to get somewhere. The cockpit is very calm with the top down, and even more so if the front windows are up. I believe the cabin is even more quiet than my wife's Maxima when the top is up, perhaps a function of the sound-deadening quality of the fabric top. Definitely a smooth and stylish cruiser, with all the practical amenities of an everyday driver. It makes a routine drive enjoyable, and what more can you ask?

Favorite Features

Usual Toyota things: fit, finish, quality feel. Top is easy to operate, and even when down leaves plenty of space in the trunk for travel gear, etc. Mileage has been better than I expected, but maybe that's because -- as mentioned above -- I tend to cruise rather than rush in this car.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility could stand improvement, and that semi-hard boot is so bulky that it takes up a lot of the trunk if you decide to take it along. I'm not a big fan of the 17" wheels, either, because I think they transmit more road noise and vibration than one wants in this quasi-luxury ragtop.