2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Finally!
By Dennis on 05/27/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of years patiently waiting, I finally found the Solara ragtop for me! The '05 beauty was an off lease vehicle with only 27k miles and was spotless inside and out. It was obviously well cared for during its lease tenure and is still perfect now. Love the heated front seats and the fact that it seats 4 quite comfortably. Trunk space is awesome and it rides/handles much like a BMW 325. (although a bit anemic in the power dept.) I shopped BMW's and Mercedes as well but the Solara is a much better value for the $$. This one's definitely a keeper!

One Sexy Convertible!
By fyremn1 on 06/07/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6'3" 260 lbs and very comfortable in this car. I researched and test drove other models and found this one to very accommodating for my long legs. I can definitely see driving long distances. Everyone who sees this "Pearl White" beauty has to compliment me. They especially love the color and the fact that it is a convertible. Good job Toyota! You got a real "head-turner!"

Great Car!
By Great Convertible! on 04/26/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. I've had a lot of cars, mostly imports, from Audis to VW and this is my 3rd Toyota and I think this Solara SLE is the best import I've had yet. A perfect buy for someone looking for a sporty, yet luxurious, front wheel drive (a must for me for winter) convertible with a non-manual top (what a pain the manuals are!), a large non-claustrophobic cabin with luxurious leather and well appointed and ergonomically designed controls, comfortable back seats and surprisingly large trunk. Good gas mileage at 23 mpg and good power for this v6. I looked at lots of convertibles, Audi TTs Saabs, Volvos, etc. but the Solara was the best for the money and I get compliments galore on it too!

Great Car for the Money
By Mike on 08/31/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car was a lot of firsts for me. It was my first Toyota, it was my first car I ever paid full list for and it was the first car my wife and I agreed upon from the get-go. It has been a great car. With the top up you don't know you'er in a convertible - it's that solid and quiet. With the top down it rates a 10/10 on the fun meter. It has been a trouble free ride and we both enjoy it. After three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, which were not bad, this was a real eye opener as to just how good a moderately priced car could really be. With the quality and luxury features, they could have put a Lexus badge on it and charged another $10K.

Perfect in Every Way
By Clemson JVB on 07/23/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my '05 SLE convertible and it is the best car I've ever driven. I needed a convertible with a fairly large trunk that was reliable. I looked at Saabs, Hondas, etc., and the Solara performed miles better than the rest. The trunk is HUGE! I shopped at Sam's Club this weekend and everything fit neatly in the trunk. So, I put the top down and cruised happily home. Love it!

Awesome to own!!!
By RCV on 03/30/07 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the most practical and enjoyable vehicle I have ever seen and enjoyed. Solid Toyota performance, large truck space, and supior interior design makes this the convertible to own. Plus, you can have a party in the car unlike many two seaters. The front wheel drive traction control makes it a practical year-round car in the snow belt. -Drives better that your best SUVs on icy roads!

LOVE this car :)
By me_lisa_m on 02/17/07 16:40 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I waited for years to invest in a convertible, and fell in love with this one. I waited until the color I wanted became available (I bought used) and I found one, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the navigational system (nicer than my husband's $55k Denali). The car is the best I have ever purchased. Highly recommend!

I'm going back for another this fall!
By badassjen on 01/09/07 00:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far, the most reliable car I have ever owned. As an avid convertible fan, this being my fourth, I find the top up ride to be quite noiseless. You don't hear the wind noise, and no rattling. When the top is down, it is a head-turner. I was surprised that I am constantly stopped by people in parking lots or even at traffic lights so they can tell me how gorgeous my car is and ask me how I like it. As for the reliability, I have only had to have regular oil changes. I haven't had a single issue. The interior is gorgeous and flawless. The leather is great quality and the stereo system surpasses that of comparable cars. Overall, a great purchase!

The best convertible out there
By wcnesta on 10/14/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car when the 05s were introduced. I traded my 2000 Solara convertible for it. This 05 now has 10500 miles on it, due to a few trips to Florida from Connecticut. This car is so much better than the 2000 in almost every way, no rattles, wind noise and better handling. I feel it is the best convertible out there. The build quality is comparible to my LS400 Lexus. This car was manufactured as a convertible not chopped like the 2000.

Perfect
By lammy on 09/19/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is extremely comfortable, very roomy, it rides very smoothly, and has a very classy look. What more could you want?