2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Nice Car
By zachj7 on 12/30/13 18:44 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By dla77 on 06/05/11 02:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Solara with 105,000 miles on it and I absolutely love it! I've had the car for 5 years now and it's a true head turner, there is nothing on the road that looks like it. I've also had no major problems with the car. I'm 6'5" & about 290 lbs and there is plenty of head room and the most leg room of any car I've ever driven. This is without a doubt the most comfortable car I've ever driven; including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The car comfortably seats 4 and maybe 5 if the three in the back are smaller people. It is great on gas mileage and the upkeep is next to nothing. The only issues that I've had are the alignment and balancing issues with the tires that others have stated

Awesome car
By Melissa Boyle on 02/24/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, this is my second Toyota I love it. My first Toyota was a 1998 Camry. This is a great sports car. It is roomy and the trunk is huge. Love it. If you are ever looking for a great car that is built to last this is the car for you.

Finally!
By Dennis on 05/27/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of years patiently waiting, I finally found the Solara ragtop for me! The '05 beauty was an off lease vehicle with only 27k miles and was spotless inside and out. It was obviously well cared for during its lease tenure and is still perfect now. Love the heated front seats and the fact that it seats 4 quite comfortably. Trunk space is awesome and it rides/handles much like a BMW 325. (although a bit anemic in the power dept.) I shopped BMW's and Mercedes as well but the Solara is a much better value for the $$. This one's definitely a keeper!

One Sexy Convertible!
By fyremn1 on 06/07/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6'3" 260 lbs and very comfortable in this car. I researched and test drove other models and found this one to very accommodating for my long legs. I can definitely see driving long distances. Everyone who sees this "Pearl White" beauty has to compliment me. They especially love the color and the fact that it is a convertible. Good job Toyota! You got a real "head-turner!"

Great Car!
By Great Convertible! on 04/26/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. I've had a lot of cars, mostly imports, from Audis to VW and this is my 3rd Toyota and I think this Solara SLE is the best import I've had yet. A perfect buy for someone looking for a sporty, yet luxurious, front wheel drive (a must for me for winter) convertible with a non-manual top (what a pain the manuals are!), a large non-claustrophobic cabin with luxurious leather and well appointed and ergonomically designed controls, comfortable back seats and surprisingly large trunk. Good gas mileage at 23 mpg and good power for this v6. I looked at lots of convertibles, Audi TTs Saabs, Volvos, etc. but the Solara was the best for the money and I get compliments galore on it too!

Keep it in your lineup
By gotcha on 01/26/08 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 4 BMWs, 3 Porsches, and numerous other cars in my lifetime; I must say this Toyota is the best of them all. Build quality and dependability is unmatched, and the comfort and economy is excellent. Keep building it!

Great Car for the Money
By Mike on 08/31/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car was a lot of firsts for me. It was my first Toyota, it was my first car I ever paid full list for and it was the first car my wife and I agreed upon from the get-go. It has been a great car. With the top up you don't know you'er in a convertible - it's that solid and quiet. With the top down it rates a 10/10 on the fun meter. It has been a trouble free ride and we both enjoy it. After three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, which were not bad, this was a real eye opener as to just how good a moderately priced car could really be. With the quality and luxury features, they could have put a Lexus badge on it and charged another $10K.

Perfect in Every Way
By Clemson JVB on 07/23/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my '05 SLE convertible and it is the best car I've ever driven. I needed a convertible with a fairly large trunk that was reliable. I looked at Saabs, Hondas, etc., and the Solara performed miles better than the rest. The trunk is HUGE! I shopped at Sam's Club this weekend and everything fit neatly in the trunk. So, I put the top down and cruised happily home. Love it!

Awesome to own!!!
By RCV on 03/30/07 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the most practical and enjoyable vehicle I have ever seen and enjoyed. Solid Toyota performance, large truck space, and supior interior design makes this the convertible to own. Plus, you can have a party in the car unlike many two seaters. The front wheel drive traction control makes it a practical year-round car in the snow belt. -Drives better that your best SUVs on icy roads!