Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Nice Car
By zachj7

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

Favorite Features

The look The fuel economy The reliability

Suggested Improvements

XM-serius? They put a button but it doesn't do anything. How bout some buttons on the steering wheel, Tighter steering Other than that, great car

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By dla77

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Solara with 105,000 miles on it and I absolutely love it! I've had the car for 5 years now and it's a true head turner, there is nothing on the road that looks like it. I've also had no major problems with the car. I'm 6'5" & about 290 lbs and there is plenty of head room and the most leg room of any car I've ever driven. This is without a doubt the most comfortable car I've ever driven; including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The car comfortably seats 4 and maybe 5 if the three in the back are smaller people. It is great on gas mileage and the upkeep is next to nothing. The only issues that I've had are the alignment and balancing issues with the tires that others have stated

Awesome car
By Melissa Boyle

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, this is my second Toyota I love it. My first Toyota was a 1998 Camry. This is a great sports car. It is roomy and the trunk is huge. Love it. If you are ever looking for a great car that is built to last this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Trunk space, reliability, quality, low maintenance

Suggested Improvements

none

Finally!
By Dennis

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of years patiently waiting, I finally found the Solara ragtop for me! The '05 beauty was an off lease vehicle with only 27k miles and was spotless inside and out. It was obviously well cared for during its lease tenure and is still perfect now. Love the heated front seats and the fact that it seats 4 quite comfortably. Trunk space is awesome and it rides/handles much like a BMW 325. (although a bit anemic in the power dept.) I shopped BMW's and Mercedes as well but the Solara is a much better value for the $$. This one's definitely a keeper!

Favorite Features

Dash layout, huge trunk, JBL sound system, comfortable seating, great looks.

Suggested Improvements

Can't make improvements anymore. Model discontinued in '08. It's now a Lexus Isc!!

One Sexy Convertible!
By fyremn1

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6'3" 260 lbs and very comfortable in this car. I researched and test drove other models and found this one to very accommodating for my long legs. I can definitely see driving long distances. Everyone who sees this "Pearl White" beauty has to compliment me. They especially love the color and the fact that it is a convertible. Good job Toyota! You got a real "head-turner!"

Favorite Features

My favorites are the convertible top and the many interior amenities toyota has provided. Its ability to seat 4 people comfortably is another plus.

Suggested Improvements

None.