2004 Toyota Camry Solara 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So much for Quality and

2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

SLE V6 Coupe (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

So much for Quality and Reliability
By HJ on

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am completely dissatisfied with this vehicle! My wife and daughter drive 140 miles round-trip every day. I bought a Toyota because I thought it was a high-quality, safe, and reliable vehicle. I have had many many problems with this vehicle. While most of the problems do not affect the safety and reliability of the vehicle, one problem most certainly does – intermittently the car will not start – completely dead – no clicks no nothing. I have to jump the vehicle to get it started. I have had the car in for service several times and they keep telling me they cannot find anything wrong. I guess it’s a figment of my imagination.

Favorite Features

I had a talk with the manager after the last incident and he told me that he agrees there is a problem but he cannot replace the part that he believes is the most likely cause because of the lemon law. My wife now has to drive with a jump start pack in the trunk of a brand new vehicle. So much for safe and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Given my experience with this vehicle, this will be the first and LAST Toyota I will ever purchase. And, even if I were to buy another Toyota, it would not be from Tri-County Toyota in Royersford, PA. I would not recommend this dealership to my worst enemy.