Nice, competent and stylish convertible
By PCC on
2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
Bought previously owned (certified). Car drives/looks like the Lexus. I get lots comments from people mistaking it for the Lexus. I have noticed body shake/roll over rough roads but it is not uncontrolable. Better tires (V or Z- rated) make it more manageable. It's fun to drive, has lots of zip and still delivers around 25.5 mpg using regular/87 octane fuel (though the owners manual "recommends" 89 octane or higher). I usually put a tankfull of premium fuel once or twice a month. I only notice a slight difference in total performance (power & mileage). Overall, a very nice combination of great looks, excellent performance/handling and super reliability. Definitely would purchase again.
Favorite Features
The 3.3L engine is nice (especially w/a K&N air filter). The JBL stereo sounds great and does every music justice. The auto-shift really works well. The leather seating keeps you in the seat and comfy. The back seat can fit 2- adults comfortably and the trunk is full-sized (unlike most ragtops).
Suggested Improvements
Little bit stiffer shocks/struts (help offset the body roll/shake). Better cup holders. Make rear-seat headrests more contoured to give better sight-lines out the back of the ragtop (with the top up).