2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Sublime Car
By Toyotafan_2004 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just owned the car for 2 weeks. Compared with ES330 and thought would buy ES but finally bought Solara SLE V6 with Nav. The ride feel is very much like ES but has no transmission issues reported by ES owners. Engine is the same as the ES. When comparing with Camry XLE V6, one can immediately tell the difference. XLE does not have the luxury ride feel as the SLE does. Plus SLE is a 2-year newer design with audio control buttons on the steering wheel, compared with ES and XLE.

Solara
By armor on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car and handling, excellent mileage, nice styling and quality, seems to have the same v-6 engine as the 330 Lexus.

Perfect if u want a "luxury+sporty car"
By DD79 on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My first car after i graduate (drove a 88 volvo, but that dosent count). Compared it with Celica, Acura RSX, Accord coupe but Solara was the best you can offer for the price. The main features i wanted in a car were: Good looks and Smooth drive without being deprived of "standard" stuff, like on-steering controls, everything automatic, etc. Its everything of a luxury car that a coupe can offer.

SCARY
By sweilz1 on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

View info on gov website for NSTHA. I have not enter info, but many others have..all same complaint. Dangerous to drive. Pulls to the left, and slides to the right (as thou on ice). Very SCARY. My car is being Lemon Lawed.

euphoria
By miguel a. on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i just bought this vehicle and both myself and my wife are overwhelmed by its performance,beauty,and comfort. i hope it it not let me down!

Great Deal for Your Money
By sabsmiles76 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my Solara for less than a week, but it is awesome! I feel like I am driving a luxury car for half the price. If you like having a sports car, but hate how low it is or the lack of space, then the Solara is for you! The faux wood trim is a little cheesy, but it does break up the monotony of all of the silver and gray.

solara
By Kristen Weg on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle since I sat in it.

great car but..
By mightypanther on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

enjoy my solara very much..however i have had a swerve to the left since i bought the car with 15 miles on it..toyota has checked it a number of times with no success..i am frustrated that no one knows what this problem is.dealership has treated me well but it is time to get the problem fixed and quit speculating

Great Gas Milage!
By Mike Cassady on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my Solara! I got 36 MPG on a recent trip and get 30 MPG in the city. It has plenty of power with just the four cylinder engine. At my age, I needed comfort, but I still like a two door. The Solara had everything I needed in a car. Stylish and great looking! The gas milage was a real bonus. The salesman told me "no way". So I checked the milage manually and I was getting 31.4 in the city. Maybe it is because my other car is a Prius and I have learned to drive sensibly.....I highly recommend this car!

I Love this car!!
By AlwaysAToyota on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Solara about a month ago and I absolutely love it! I've had 3 Toyota vehicles in the past so I knew I would buy another, and I haven't been disappointed! This is an attractive car and it drives even better. I love the power of the V6 and found it was good on gas. The interior is really comfortable and spacious and the radio sounds excellent too. I purchased mine in red in the SE sport trim and have gotten so many compliments on what I'm driving! So if you're looking for a car that's affordable and want to look good driving it go with the Solara, I feel you'll be just as pleased as I am.