Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

NICE CONVERTIBLE!
By CONVERTIBLE MAN

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lower-end priced "family" convertible market (adequate back seat) is limited to a select few: the two usual suspects are the Chrysler Sebring and Volvo C70. When you drive each, you wonder how the front end stays put when you run over anything but a newly-paved road. The Volvo is the "prettiest" convertible out there. But that ride is so disappointing. Which brings us to the Toyota Camry Solara. I don't know why they include "Camry" in the name, since you won't find it anywhere on the car. It's comfy, roomy, zippy, gets decent gas mileage, and VERY quiet with the top up. It has some body quiver, which results from it being a sedan with the top cut off, after-market.

Cloth seats! A must for me on sunny, warm days, where leather (or usually vinyl or "pleather") seats baste me like a Thanksgiving turkey. The ride is pleasant! The gauge lights are nice at night. TOYOTA RELIABILITY! A San Diego pleasant day drive becomes a virtual vacation in this car!

The blind spot! It almost put me off of this fine car. You will be stunned by the thought that a Toyota engineer actually thought this through... then you'll realize that they didn't - it's an afterthought, after-market production. Cutting off the top caused them to install those high headrests.

Love the car
By andi

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my solara. It is comfortable to ride in and yet stylish with good gas milage. You couldn't ask for any more in a car.

The sleek style and the comfort that I have when driving. It handles well.

The trunk can be a pain to close.

Many annoying defects
By CBB

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a significant number of problems with my Solara (none involving the engine, thankfully), including significant rattling in the dashboard (6 repairs, and counting), rattling/loose passenger window, whistling of the door seals at highway speeds, defective tire pressure indicator, defective rocker (retracting) mechanism in sunroof, defective driving lights, etc. Very shocking, given Toyota's reputation for reliability.

Great drive; love the interior. Stereo system is very good.

Very poor driver visibility out of rear passenger windows; significant driver blind spots. Have had some close calls.

Good vehicle
By ppp

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: My 2004 still turns heads on occassion, excellent interior, big trunk, good road manners, average 33 Mpg on the highway with conservative driving. Have had a left drift problem (spring seat displaced, dealer fixed) and replaced a tie rod. The original Bridgestone tires were trash, only lasted 25,000 miles. We have used our Solara very hard, excellently engineered and easy to live with. Not a sports car, but a sporty car.

Style, sharp SE sport interior, big for 2 doors, good mileage with reasonable power in the 4 cyl. White fuzzy dice on mirror look right at home.

more comfortable seats, doors are creaky, needs a turbo v6 option

I love my Solara (except for one thing)
By MaryM

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am pregnant for my third child so I probably will have to sell it *crying inside*. But I'm going to hang in there with it until it gets unbearable. It drives wonderful and has the get up and go I need. It only gets about 16 mpg city but it doesn't matter I love it still. The only problem I had with this car is with the trunk release. This has quit working on me twice already. It does not have a way to open the trunk besides the inside release (by the gas door release) and the keypad on you keyring. This is the only thing I don't like about it. At least give me a place where I can stick my key in to open the trunk! With that said the car in perfect to me!

Actually, I think my favorite feature is the seat warmers (especially since it's cold).

Put trunk lock on the trunk. As I said before the trunk is only accessible by the release in the car and the keypad.