2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
A great value
By STP on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is what I expected. Great fuel economy in a larger car. (32+ MPG on regular) My dealer really tries to be perfect. I paid 18,700 and for that price I feel I have a great value.

Great Car
By BurtBC1976 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car.I was extremely hesitant about buying a foreign car.This is actually my first ever out of 13.I am happy beyond words with this vehicle.Well done!

LOVE MY SOLARA!
By AMERICAN ESCROW on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THIS CAR IS LIKE STEPPING INTO A FANCY AND CLASSY HOTEL-IT IS QUIET, SLEEK AND SPORTY. WENT TO BUY A RAV4 AND WALKED AROUND THE LOT TO LOOK AT OTHER VEHICLES AND TEST DROVE EVERYTHING. THIS WAS THE LAST SOLARA AND I SAT IN IT AND IMMEDIATELY KNEW THAT I WOULD BE TAKING IT HOME. DROVE IT UP TO THE DEALER DOOR AND TOLD THEM TO WRITE IT UP. I LOVE MY TOYOTA SOLARA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good but not Great
By TampaFlorida on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a good car. It seems to appeal to the older crowd from what I noticed. Not very exciting to drive and it doesn't turn heads. TV tends to make it look more exciting than it really is. Gets pricey when fully loaded. None the less, it's a good car. One major problem on my car. The sunroof binds and makes horrible noises. This is not at all what you'd expect from a Toyota! I've made 4 visits (going on 5)to the Dealership over the last 6 months to have this problem fixed. The frequent visits are mostly due to an incompetent dealership. Very dissapointing. I've gotten to know the Courtesy Driver very well. That can't be a good thing?

A few things to consider
By Alatha on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

In Toyota's infinite wisdom, they have preprogrammed the maintenance light to come on and stay ON at certain mileage points. You must have it reset by your dealership despite the fact you may have just changed the oil. I only have 5,000 miles on this car and changed the oil at 3,000 miles. It feels very manipulative.

Proud to drive my solara
By Gertrude R. Malan on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving for 35 years and depend on the cars I drive like my own house.If I hear any noise from the car I am using I get nervous.I own Camry SLE 1998 and just trade that in for a new Solara 2004 I am so proud that I took the car.I am so happy for the good performance.Next car will be Solara SLE.

Almost a Lexus
By mk86 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you're tempted by a Lexus but don't care to spend the extra 10-12K, try the Solara. Don't let the "Camry" moniker fool you. The Solara's look makes it appear far different from the Camry, and the fit, finish and performance are as smooth, quiet and luxurious as upscale nameplates asking half again as much.

Awsome Car!
By Maggie May on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It is my first car and it is so cool! It is really nice to drive and looks great! Everyone loves it too and I get all kinds of compliments! I would highly recomend it!

Solara Review
By kalia on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car the moment I sat in it. It has a beautiful interior. I love the sportyiness of the car itself. I was looking for a sportier car away from a Camry and the Solara hit the spot.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara
By FORBON32 on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a black Solara SLE V6 Coupe a few weeks ago. Took it to the dealership today to check and fix the alignment. It seemed to pull to the left pretty bad. Just got home and test drove it.....it seems completely fixed. Other than that problem, upon purchasing the vehicle, there were some chips and blemishes in the paint(Of course with black you can see everything). Am planning on taking it back to the dealership to have it fixed. Other than that I simply love driving my Solara and the inside and stereo system is awesome!!!!!!!!