2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great design inside and out
By Josephus on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new 2004 Solara one week ago, and so far I love it. The car has has excellent design inside an out. I just traded a Mercedes Benz ML430 SUV, and I can appreciate the improvement in gas mileage. This car is flawless. The engine is very responsive and powerful, and the transmission shifts gears smoothly and quietly. The interior is comfortable, and the SLE with navigation system has the same features I had in the Mercedes. Definitely a fun car to drive with plenty of good looks. The car could use better visibility through the rear window and power seats that allow easy entry for rear passengers.

solara 2004
By hope on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car...i get so many compliments!

WORST CAR EVER
By barkins on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our family has been buying Toyota for the past 20 years. From Corollas to Camrys and we couldnt imagine getting any other car when it came to buying a new car for me. It was the worst mistake of my life. From day 2 the car started to make a loud engine noise, the alignment was always off, the tire pressure light keeps going on and the seats move around during turns and sudden breaking. The dealership did nothing to fix any of my problems and nor did any other in my area. They all said the same thing; "IT'S SUPPOSE TO DO THAT" I guess Toyotas are suppose to suck. I finally got rid of it and am now driving a Honda Accord with ZERO problems. Good buy Toyota forever.

Solara review
By gshep33 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Solara is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. The only down side to the car is the back side windows. They are very small, making them hard to see out of.

My Solara
By CntryChesneyFan on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Toyota Solara on Saturday and I have to say this is the best decision I have ever made. Been getting plenty of compliments about my little red sports car ;) Awesome car, I'm glad the dealership still had this one

Toyota Faulters
By Grant Waulters on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car pulls to the left despite rotations and alignment. The 2.4L 4 coupled to 4spd automatic often is unsatisfactory when trying to get to speed from low speed cruising. Engine warning lights go on for no reason and stay on. This does not equate to lengendary Toyota quality. Standard radio and CD are garbage Seat is too high for over 6 foot male. Ride can be a tad harsh. Not a car I'd recommend at the price. Breaks are average and often grab when car is cold.

Living it up in my Solara
By AlphaIce on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like it. I too had a tire problem, but my dealer was prompt about resetting it, and told me how as well, fun to drive. I still havent finished getting compliments from friends and strangers, people love the intertior lights too, and i like the halogens!! I havent decided if night driving is better than daytime. Handles awesome with sport suspension, car is stable and easily to control around corners, before i bought it testing it, i drove a matrix, and then i drove this, there was such a huge difference in handling and acceleration, i would recommend a 6 cylinder, but 4 isnt bad

Beyond Expectation
By Solara2749 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing and test drive quite a number of cars in the price range, Solara turns out my ultimate winner. At this time approx. 2months / ~3kmi drive, I found the car is just well beyond my original expectation; the car is so well built, endless safety features. Extremly quiet, great rigit body and well integartion; no rattle, no squeak. Overal, it just a superior car for the price (even thousands more).

love it!
By J_S on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Solara, and I love it. I bought the first model when it came out in 1999. I got an SLE with a V6. I loved that car, but the SE v4 is just as nice. The look, feel, comfort and the driver are excellent. The pickup is surprisingly quick too; even when I when I was driving up a mountain.

Perfectly refined non-sports car.
By fastcarz on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Solara as a Certified Used Vehicle. Upgraded to full-coverage 100,000-mile warranty for cheap! It has been a dream so far. It is the perfect combination of class, refinement, sportiness, and luxury. Considered Accord Coupe, but the Accord's ride is harsh and the interior unrefined. The Solara's handling and performance are far better than expected for such a large, smooth car. It's not intended to be a sportscar. It is, however, a great year-round vehicle to please even a car enthusiast when the true sportscars are in the garage.