Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I Love it !!!!
By toyota solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutley love my car.... fun to drive it's a looker have had numerous folks come to me and ask how i like it... It's my first toyota and i look forward to it's longevity...

Initial Excelleration - Poor & Brakes
By Coupe

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Over all I would give my Solara SE V6 a low grade because of it's very much like a turbo engine. A friend of mine is a Toyota mechanic and he explained why there is so much excelleration delay similiar to a turbo lag engine. For this review, I'm only referring to low speed performance. At highway speeds it is more than adequate. I think it is unsafe, because when you need instant excelleration, it's just not there. I have owned a manual turbo engine car before and it was very responsive from low end to high end speeds. Would I buy another Solara? NO! Another problem I found is that the brakes are to spungy. I don't get that positive feedback from the brake pedal.

Design, reliability and red color.

Get rid of the excelleration problem and fix the brakes.

Initial Excelleration - Poor &
By Coupe

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Over all I would give my Solara SE V6 a low grade because of it's very much like a turbo engine. A friend of mine is a Toyota mechanic and he explained why there is so much excelleration delay similiar to a turbo engine. For this review, I'm only referring to low speed performance. At highway speeds it is more than adequate. I think it is unsafe, because when you need instant excelleration, it's just not there. I have owned a manual turbo engine car before and it was very responsive from low end to high end speeds. Would I buy another Solara? NO! Another problem I found is that the brakes are to spungy. I don't get that positive feedback from the brake pedal.

I love this car
By YesMa'am

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't be selling it, if I didn't receive a free vehicle from my company. This car is so fun to drive, I just love it. And, you wouldn't believe the looks I get in it! I feel very safe in this car and it handles very well.

My favorite feature is the styling of this vehicle. It is gorgeous and well- built. I have not had a problem with this vehicle since I purchased it in 2003. I change the oil, and rotate the tires and that's all I have to worry about!

Hmm... good question.

Love My Car
By Dolores

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my 2004 Camry Solara, which I bought new in 2004. It is zippy, easy to handle, fun to drive, fast, beautiful color (Oceana Pearl)and great gas mileage. The interior is roomy, and the sound system and climate control are perfect. No problems whatsoever (other than I got a ticket for speeding not long ago.)

Hard to pick my favorite features, as I like all of them. The moon roof works great, with tilt and also completely open; the dials are so easy to read; very large storage compartments, both in console (for cd's, etc.)and also in dash (for hidden satellite radio).

The only improvement I can think of, and this may even be available now, is a built-in satellite radio. This automobile is available with the navigation system, which I do not have, as I do not care about and would not use.