2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Quality & fun to drive
By Terton on 04/20/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My car has been problem free. It's very comfortable and has a sporty feel to it. The lines are great. I have the 6 cd stereo and it has wonderful surround sound. The car just feels like quality when you're in it. I had a 1991 Celica for 13 years and loved it. I still miss the sports car (low to the ground) feel but this car is much more comfortable. The only downside that I see is the few blind spots. These are due to the small window in the back It looks great though and you just use the mirrors:) Definately recommend this car!

I love my Toyota!
By maltmomma in Texas on 04/09/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car! I've had 4 Toyotas; 2 were Camrys, 1 Avalon and now this Camry Solara. It's fun to drive and I love the new style. I have the fully loaded SLE V6 Fire Engine Red and I love it. I didn't think I would like, or use, the navigation system but it is very useful and I will have it on future cars. I find myself trying to find the quickest route, thus saving on gas. I drive 40 miles to work, roundtrip, and I get about 25 mpg. I do have one complaint. The tires that were originally with the vehicle were listed as warranteed for 6 years/100,000K but only lasted for 18K. My husband balances and rotates every 5K. Our Toyota dealer did replace them though with 4 new tires.

The WORST vehicle I have EVER owned
By Teeder in WI on 02/24/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED with this vehicle. It has been a problem since day one. I too have the problem of the car not starting- there goes safety and reliability. The car intermittently will not start- completely dead- no clicks no nothing. It has even died in the middle of traffic. Real safe! It has also had a boat load of other problems. It has been into Toyota (Smart Motors, Madison Wisconsin), and they are basically accusing me of "making up a problem", becuase it is intermittent and they can't duplicate it. Toyota Customer service is NO help either. I get in the car and hope it gets me to my destination safely. Sad that a car with EVERY option is such a piece of junk!!!!!

The best economy 2-door coupe ever....
By Siddh on 01/11/05 19:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had first driven a 2002 solara... and immediately fell in love with it. That was when i decided to get a solara as my first car. But in 2004, when i started looking for cars, i did not want to get the Solara, only because of the 2002's looks... this changed as soon as i saw the new 2004 solara.. i went for a test drive and did not waste any time getting it!! Its been almost an year, and it is a great car... no problems at all. All my friends now envy my Solara. Its got great interiors, and a great performance.. specially the V6. I would strongly recommend the Solara.

Worst Owning Experience Ever
By Eric S on 01/05/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had problems from day 1. The car had the "Left Drift Issue", rattle in dashboard, and the start of transmission problems. The car was in the shop 4 times for the pull issue and the rattles, but the dealership was never able to fix them. Eventually was told that the car is suppose to pull to the left. Completely unsatisified with this car, coming from a family that owns nothing but Toyotas. Owned the car for a total of 5 months before I had enough and traded it in on a brand new Scion tC, which has had absolutely no problems at all. I guess the plant in Kentucky should take notes on how cars are built in Japan because they sure as hell can't compete with the quality from overseas.

So much for Quality and Reliability
By HJ on 01/05/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am completely dissatisfied with this vehicle! My wife and daughter drive 140 miles round-trip every day. I bought a Toyota because I thought it was a high-quality, safe, and reliable vehicle. I have had many many problems with this vehicle. While most of the problems do not affect the safety and reliability of the vehicle, one problem most certainly does – intermittently the car will not start – completely dead – no clicks no nothing. I have to jump the vehicle to get it started. I have had the car in for service several times and they keep telling me they cannot find anything wrong. I guess it’s a figment of my imagination.

My Solara
By sdb1rd on 12/11/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Solara really surprised me the first time I had to rapidly accelerate. It took my breath away and the handling is by far one of the best cars I have ever driven. The comfort zone is remarkable. My friends thought it was a small car until we compared it to a Chevy Impala. Toyota hit a home run with this car. The exterior is beautiful with the rakish looking healight assembly and the grill. It is just a flat out fun car to drive or just ride in.

My Solara
By sdb1rd on 12/11/04 10:02 AM (PST)

Great Luxury Sports Coupe
By GK in Canada on 12/01/04 13:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the SLE V6 3 months ago, and loving it thus far. The car is very refined, quiet and responsive. The stereo has a very full deep sound which is highlighted because the exterior noise level is low. Steering is light but responsive. I have not had any problems yet and don't expect to experience major issues as I'm banking on Toyota's reputation on build quality and reliability. I highly recommend this vehicle for those looking for something sporty but refined (without having to break the bank). Gas mileage is not great and it really needs premium gas. Toyota manual indicates regular gas, but for improved performance, a higher grade can be used. Truth is premium is required.

Quality ride
By drgreyhound on 11/30/04 18:05 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Solara for the newer version 04 & was happy with the increased power and heated seats/mirrors. The car has great acceleration and get's good gas mileage for a heavy car. It has the quality of a Lexus but the price of a Toyota