Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love the new Solara Convertible
By JR SSlawyer

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2001 Volvo and lease was up - traded for new Solara which I had seen at the Chicago Auto Show. The car rides smooth, has much more space and plenty of pep. For the few little "creature comforts" you got with the Volvo, the additional space and $10,000 price difference are worth it.

TOYOTA SOLARA
By SULLY

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I RECENTLY TOOK DELIVERY OF THE NEWLY DESIGNED TOYOTA SOLARA CONVERTIBLE. MY WIFE AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THIS NEW CAR. THIS IS THE FIRST CONVERTIBLE THAT WE HAVE EVER OWNED AND SO FAR WE ARE REALLY ENJOYING. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANY0NE LOOK ING FOR THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE,

Favorite Features

THE RIDE AND HANDLING.

Suggested Improvements

THE SEAT BELT HOLDERS NEED IMPROVEMENT THE SEAT BELT COMES UNSNAPPED FROM THE BACK OF THE SEAT.

Fun car without XM Radio
By DS7111

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great convertible for the money compared to Chrysler or Ford. Much more for your money than $15,000 extra would cost for BMW or others. If interested in the XM satellite radio, negotiate the price up front since it will cost you over $700 to make the factory unit work after the fact in the SLE model. I was told I could take the vehicle to Best Buy to have the necessary equipment installed to make the "XM Ready" stereo work. Not true. You must install Toyota parts to make the head unit work as designed unless you want to add another head unit. Most Toyota dealers do not understand or have experience with XM radio.

Favorite Features

Leather seats and convertible top

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier & cheaper to get XM radio into the "XM ready" factory installed unit!!

2004 Solara
By poindexter

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I love our Solara. The leather interior is beautiful. The car handles very well. The only thing I think could be improved would be the air conditioning. It is very hard to control and keep it at a even temperature. It seems to be too cold or not cold enough.

Favorite Features

The body style and leather interior. We have had so many compliments.

Suggested Improvements

The heating and cooling adjustments

Shiney new Black head turner
By Cynthia M.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Too new to know about reliability, but the styling, the quiet drive is wonderful so far. A real head-turner w/the top down.

Favorite Features

New exterior styling. I'd be sorry had I purchased one in 2003 since the car looks totally new and different~Much improved. Rides smooth like a lexus.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders-Hard to understand the Navigation system per instructions. The boot cover to top when down Is a bit difficult to get into place.