Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Best 4seater convertable yet
By Pamela Neirinckx

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very sharp looking car, turns many heads, I love/owned the toyota camery and had to have the Solara. just traded in the 2001 Solara and would have kept it for longer had not the new style that resembles the Lexus come out. its a smooth luxury ride and very quick, reliable, safe, enjoyabe car that fits my five year old in the back, has lots of space and can be driven in winter

Favorite Features

Tail lights/headlights, heated seats, navigation system, rims, wood grain trim,trunk space, large back seat for real adults,,QUIET!!! SMOOTH ride

Suggested Improvements

A better leather on seats, a smaller boot to cover roof so that rear view is not obstructed.And maybe like the Lexus, a hard top that retracts someday!

Drivin' a Dream!
By Phantom

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A much better design than my 1999 Solara. Bigger engine with a stiffer suspension. My 99, although it handled great was a littly spongy around corners. The new 04 really hugs the road. It's a real trip to drive, and the dark blue metalic paint and super styling really turn heads where ever I go. Luxury car quality at an affordable price.

Favorite Features

Has to be the new design. Especially the front. When you stand in front of the car it seems to have a facial expression. Almost like the car is smiling at you.

Suggested Improvements

It's petty I know, but the head light sensor, which used to be on the passenger side, is now on the drivers side, and when the sun is overhead it reflects on the windshield. It's annoying and sometimes distracting.

Great Alternative to the 4-door Blahs
By Hern

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Couldn't make up my mind over the usual 4-door *yawn* options: Altima/Mazda6/Camry/Galant/Taurus/Accord . Solara is more Lexus than Toyota (just compare the int. & ext bits to the ES300). Quiet, quick ,and gas mileage close to 40 during 70-mile daily commute in Dallas traffic, and not weary afterwards. Lots of rear seat room for the 2 kids, and they can get out by themselves just fine. Lots of safety features standard. Likes to run, gets itís legs at 70 mph and just wants to go faster.

Favorite Features

Nice Interior touches, quiet and smooth, standard safety features such as side airbags, 4-wheel disc, ABS. Roominess. CHEAP ON INSURANCE!

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressue indicator needs improvement

We love our Solara SE
By Shu

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's the best car we ever have and we like it so much. I believe it's the best buy for the money.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, good performance for v4. Very good suspension. Very safe with 4 air bags.

Suggested Improvements

A better stereo.

Great buy
By Bob Culp

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I gave up a mercedes 500 SL for this car and I am happy I did. I looked at every convertable on the market. I had decided on Lexus sc430 till I test drove it for a day. The Solara has the appearance of the Lexus with twice the room and half the price. This is a fun car that combines the function of a practical car with the the thrill of driving a sporty eye catching car.

Favorite Features

Easy opertion of top, navigation system,style

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I can think of that would improve the car is if it could have a self contained boot.