2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Finally
By Matt Welborn on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I finally bought a new car, and wow. I love this car. I have been told that Toyota made a mistake and should have put this car in the Lexus lineup. I must say I agree.

Solid
By bwill on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car about a month. Well done...sporty and stylish...looks much better than the regular Camry's. Only two things we've noticed so far are: 1- a bit of hesitation when you accelerate, and 2- Gear shift seems to be getting rough when moving from Park to Reverse...we'll have to wait and see if worsens. Overall, very satisfied and feel like we've bought something reliable and sporty

04 Solara V6 SLE
By Angel1122 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped against Honda Accord coupe and Infinity G35 Coupe and selected Solara for its smoothness, refinement, better ride, excellent low end power (esp. compared to Honda)...

Best value and good looking coup
By cooldad24 on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

1. Ride is smooth, and relax. The suspension is firmmer than Camry like Lexus ES300 in sprot mode. Maneuverability is good. The steering weight toward the light side. Neither wind nor road noise was heard. The ambient is very like the one in Lexas. Materials is first rated and on par of Lexus. Leather is great on touch. Engine is Quiet, smooth & strong. The AT works great and smooth. Everyone laid eyes on it liked it. It looks very sporty and sexy. The cosmic Blue metallic I have is a very soft color and pleasant to eyes. Overall, we are satisfied with car in every category including the price. For 26K+, it provides features better than we expected.

to big for little women
By shaunna on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

i bought a 04 solar pearl i love the car its comfortable to drive its a real eye catcher driving down the road very good sound system and being 20 thats imporant

It was love at first sight
By Bigpow on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We did a research on Midsize sedan for close to two years and we finally decided to get a Camry XLE V6. Went to the dealer, test drove an '04 Camry SE V6, an '03 Camry XLE V6 and during negotiation we saw the '04 Solara at the first time (in the dealer hall). We were mesmerized and immediately made an emotional decision, test drove it and bought it instead of the "grandpa" camry. It was a good deal too, SLE V6 fully loaded (non-nav) only $26,000 (1.5% above invoice). It was a steal! It was a showstopper too since everybody in the dealer watch as the car made its way out of the hallway. Salesman was very polite and not pushy at all (unlike next door Honda dealer).

A roomier Lexus 430SC
By JESteff on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable, powerful, roomy, great looks, who could ask for anything more for less than $30,000.00. I looked aroud and could not find anything else in it's class.

Amazing
By SpeedyII on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great looking and super performance

Wow! What a Feeling!
By John Franks on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is well worth the cash and after driving every thing under the sun before making a decision i am happy with my final choice, it's sporty with enough room for friends and family you don't feel cheated on space..so many great features you are spoiled by all the gadgets and saftey precautions that comes with the car...(Love my built in 6cd changer) it's a pleasure driving and i find myself counting down the minutes of the day before i can get into my solara again...you cant got wrong with this one..Oh.. I never liked toyotas before this car, it's a real show stopper...!

So much car for your money
By a_mac on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I optioned out for the SLE V-6 to get my full money's worth and boy did I get it. You get the triptronic gear box and this makes the car even more exciting. When I was test driving the car, I turned off the radio and the air conditioner just so I could hear if there was any noise coming from the engine, road, wind, etc. and I could barely hear any noise! Visibility is outstanding at night and in the day (having fog lights standard on a car are a must!). All-in-all this car delivers dependable quality along with the luxury of a Lexus all for the price of a Toyota (cheaper than a Honda Accord coupe with same features).