Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

04 Solara
By A Dailey

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. This is our first Toyota and won't be the last. I have always bought GM. But after having this car I will be getting more. The maintenance record on the Toyota's seem to be much better than on the GM line. The interior styles are also very nice looking on your cars. We are very satisfied with the new Solara.

Easy to get around town and park. The good gas mileage. Comfortable interior.

Make available with chrome wheels.

Excellent bang for the buck
By ceebee100

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 97 Camry for the SE 4 cyl Solara. Even though I didn't get the amount I really deserved on my trade in, I have no regrets. The Solara is an excellent car and handles like a dream.

Power seat, alloy rims and style.

Front driver seat take a bit of getting used to for larger drivers.

No complaints
By Nevada Toyota Buyer

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a well-designed car...safety and security are well thought out, windows and sunroof can be closed after the key is removed (up to 43 seconds later) and a satellite radio built in! It's a quiet, smooth riding car with a sporty look, not the boxy sedan of the four-door Camry. Service is minimal (120K spark plug change, oil changes recommended every 5,000 miles), fit and finish are outstanding, a great personal car. I am enjoying the driving experience as much as any car I have ever had.

Window shut down after car is off feature, dimming electromagnetic rearview and driver's side mirrors, air bags, satellite radio option, electronic driver's seat adjustments, quiet ride, huge trunk.

Kuol lexi girl car
By Sabrina Burdette

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent is the best way to explain. Everything about my car is excellent or WOW

Interior/sunroof

Tires, I have driven my beautful car for a good fourteen months and Toyota tells me that I have to replace my tires. That is the one thing that royally sucks that ticks me off to no end. But I do love my car and show her off all of the time.

Thought I was Buying Quality
By NrTsT

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Toyota after only owning Hondas figuring they would be about the same in quality. I was wrong. Since buying this car in December of 03 I have experienced many small problems.First the rear speaker deck rattles at the slightest hint of bass (music or or talk radio).Second the car has small rattlings throughout the cabin.Third the manual transmision is loud, notchy and at times very hard to shift.Fourth the AC fan has a highpitched chirping sound comming from it which means another trip to the horrible dealer to complain. Finally the dealer has been no help in resolving any of the above mentioned issues. Will not buy Toyota again:)

Style & Value. Cabin is laid out well and the outside is aggressive.

Build quality needs to be greatly improved. Take notes from Honda.