Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

An excellent choice
By Tredshift

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since the first week of January, and I am very happy with it. I tested quite a few cars over a 4 month period and picked this one over all of them (this includes BMW 325, Audi A4, Infiniti G35, Acura TL, Mercedes C 230 and more). Originally, I had not even considered the Solara and decided to test drive it after seeing a commercial for it. I liked many of these cars, but the Solara offered a combination of looks, power, price and quality that was tough to beat.

Favorite Features

It is sooo smooth. The engine and transmission work VERY well together. I love the looks inside and out and the Stereo is a winner. I've also recieved quite a few compliments on the car from strangers.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seats.

Forget the Accord
By wm burns

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Owned Accords since 1991. I drove the 04 Accord then the Solora. Toyota nuked em with this sharp little number. Handles great at 90-100 mph much like European Cars on the Autobahn. Milage is great, power even. The transmission rarely searches for itself unlike the Honda. A solid car, great turning radius. just lots of fun

Favorite Features

Handling- quick and predictable. Very nice at high stateside speeds. While traveling at 3:00 Am outside Houston the headlights saved my life when a drunk motorist decided to stop sideways blocking both westbound lanes. It was foggy and I saw him at distance while travelling 80 plus.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system sucks. low wattage the CD player packs up and goes home each time you shut off the power forcing me to pull out the disk and re-insert. Will bitch at Toyota at the 3000 mile oil change.

Toyota Solara
By Tony Br.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have noticed an occasional surge in initial acceleration from a stop. The computerized "distance to empty" is 350 miles to empty when in reality, there will be 450 to 500 miles to the tank.Theseproblems are quite annoying - the car has not been returned to the dealer yet. I will address the problems at the first oil change.

Beautiful Car
By amy73

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I rented a 2004 Solara to drive from Florida to New York and it was a pleasure to drive and alot of fun. I look forward to a future purchase.

COLOR ME LEXUS
By CBRADY2001

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have a very close friend that has a 2003 Lexus SC430. When my wife and I visited he and his wife in January he took it for a drive and commented that he could have purchased two of the Solars and still had change in his pocket. Thought the quality was of Lexux class. He also drives an LS430. We drove the car from Ohio and stayed in Florida for two months. We averaged 30.8 miles per gallon for the whole trip. The car is magnificent!!!

Favorite Features

Engine, transmisson, steering wheel controls just to mention a few. LOVE THE AUTOMBILE!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make a 6 CD player available with the nav. system.