Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

The best ride
By Maria

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned! Toyota is a fantastic company and they stand behind their vehicles! I love the style of my sporty red Solara as well as the performance, not to mention the detail of this car - could not be better! I plan on keeping this car until the very end. I have seen the previous years' solara models on the road and they still look sharp!

Favorite Features

Style - gorgeous!

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure light is extremely sensitive. Should be improved.

Great car but some flaws
By solaraowner

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new in 2004. It's reliable and I've never had any major problems with it, except cosmetically. The paint scratches very easily and the interior plastic panels came loose multiple times and I had to take it to several dealers before they fixed it for good. I wish for the money the car had a more quality interior. Mileage is excellent. The tire pressure monitor is way too sensitive and I wish it told you the pressure- sometimes it goes off it there is too much air in the tire, but you have to check the tires BEFORE adding air for this reason. The snow guard or whatever under the car came loose a few times when other people drove my car and the driver seat can come loose.

Favorite Features

On wheel controls, leather seats, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic, more luxury. More comfortable seats (not so bucket-y!) and power passenger seat adjustments. Rear AC and same access to back seat on driver side as passenger side. Better pickup when changing gears- it hesitates sometimes and has almost caused accidents.

will keep forever
By Joe

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from a private party and, with its low mileage, low profile tires and after-market rims, I fell in love with it at first sight. I'm still in love with its manual transmission, plush ride and still-in-style good looks after five years of care-free driving. They say the Solara is a mature woman's car, but this honcho couldn't care less!

Favorite Features

Two big, wide doors provide an easy access. When the rear seats are removed, the Solara holds almost as much cargo as a station wagon, without the boxy station wagon looks.

Suggested Improvements

The Solara should come new with low profile tires and sportier rims. People mistake my Solara for a Lexus 2-door!

5 Years 105,000 Miles - Still Love It
By Diana

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Eight cars to date, this is the first car I've owned where I put more that 50,000 miles on it. This is my second Toyota. Hasn't had any problems, engine is still quiet and smooth, and parts still fit together like they were new. Mileage has gone down some, from 30 to 28 MPG - still excellent for me. Was not looking for a sport car, just a sporty look, so the performance (or lack thereof) isn't important to me. I never thought I would have a car this long, and I am in no hurry to buy another.

Favorite Features

Styling, good gas mileage for a 6 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise.

Can't trade this one
By Amy

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this wonderful car for 5 worry-free years. I only change the oil, and just got a new battery and new tires. This car gets excellent gas mileage (4-cyl model - 38+ on my most recent hiway trip), and all comment on its great looks. I would like to have something to carry my kayaks in, and have been looking, but just cannot part with this great car. I'm going to the outdoor outfitter to get a Thule rack for the top (I already have a bike rack), so I'll still have my low maintenance, excellent mileage, comfy car. Drove from Virginia to Texas in one day (4am to 11pm), and felt great when I got there - the car already had 60k miles when I made the trip and was totally reliable.

Favorite Features

Mileage! I never put gas in the car! Great 6 CD changer stereo with text msg so you can find out who's singing.

Suggested Improvements

The tire pressure light (it's easy to shut off - no trip to dealer required), but it's too sensitive.