2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
UNBELIEVABLE
By dbackroyal on 12/09/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My best friend refused to buy American cars and always bought Toyotas, Nissans and Hondas. I laughed at him until I got stuck with a LEMON American GM car. I bought two Toyotas both 2004 models and they are flawless perfect vehicles. I keep them maintained religiously and they have never let me down. This Solara is mine and I am absolutely in love with this car. I am 62 and have never had such a reliable vehicle. You couldn't pry it from mt cold dead hands (unless you gave me a new one)

The best ride
By Maria on 07/13/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned! Toyota is a fantastic company and they stand behind their vehicles! I love the style of my sporty red Solara as well as the performance, not to mention the detail of this car - could not be better! I plan on keeping this car until the very end. I have seen the previous years' solara models on the road and they still look sharp!

Great car but some flaws
By solaraowner on 06/10/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new in 2004. It's reliable and I've never had any major problems with it, except cosmetically. The paint scratches very easily and the interior plastic panels came loose multiple times and I had to take it to several dealers before they fixed it for good. I wish for the money the car had a more quality interior. Mileage is excellent. The tire pressure monitor is way too sensitive and I wish it told you the pressure- sometimes it goes off it there is too much air in the tire, but you have to check the tires BEFORE adding air for this reason. The snow guard or whatever under the car came loose a few times when other people drove my car and the driver seat can come loose.

Solara
By solara on 07/08/07 06:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had an Avalon and now Solara, Avalon better overall better body construction and overall comfort. Would recommend Avalon over Solara. Doors are too heavy for the hinges and are hard to open. Gas mileage about 25 mpg without air running. Car extremely quiet when running at idle.

Great Purchase! No Regrets!
By clane on 12/03/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As I enter my fourth year with this car I can honestly say I am more impressed as time goes by. The car is powerful, capable and gets surprisingly good mileage. I have not had one major repair and the only expense has been maintenance. This is my second Toyota and won't be the last. I came out of an 2002 Audi A4 that was a disaster. Toyota is the benchmark of well built and fairly priced mass market automobiles.

I Love This Car
By bearsmom on 11/29/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Toyota. I love the comfort and handling, plus good gas mileage I get with my Solara. I have had nothing but positive experiences with it. I have 50k miles now and have replaced the tires. I have had no problems at all.

Fun To Drive!
By FabGirl on 06/13/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my navigation. I will NEVER EVER get another car without it. Im NOT a fan of the two doors. It's too hard to get in and out of the back seat. It's a smooth ride but the seal on the windows needs to be better. I had to take it in twice because of whistleing. The leather seats are already cracking as well. I also hate the tires. I had 2 sets put on already because they wear so quickly and at 150/tire, that's crazy. Other then that this is a nice car!

I love my Solara (except for one thing)
By MaryM on 02/21/06 15:55 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am pregnant for my third child so I probably will have to sell it *crying inside*. But I'm going to hang in there with it until it gets unbearable. It drives wonderful and has the get up and go I need. It only gets about 16 mpg city but it doesn't matter I love it still. The only problem I had with this car is with the trunk release. This has quit working on me twice already. It does not have a way to open the trunk besides the inside release (by the gas door release) and the keypad on you keyring. This is the only thing I don't like about it. At least give me a place where I can stick my key in to open the trunk! With that said the car in perfect to me!

This car is my baby
By Katherine on 12/24/05 14:33 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Where do I start... I loooove this car. My family gets mad at me because I won't let anyone else drive it, and I am very finicky where I park it, how close people get to me on the road, how close people park to me, etc. Yes, I am obsessive. haha. What's not to like? It is a hot looking car, smooooth riding, reliable, dependable, well-built, great horsepower (I have the v6 engine), and feels like luxury. I love the color I chose, cosmic blue metallic. I have only seen a handful of them out there. This is my first Toyota but it certainly will not be my last.

Disappointed
By djintn on 07/16/05 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Sexy car, but with several problems. Been in shop four times within 11,000 miles, and two more times since then at 16,000 miles. Pulls to the left, BIG blind spot to the right rear, rattle in the dash and the 3.3 V6 has a hesitation at low speeds when you give it gas that has almost got me hit (Toyota claims that it was designed that way). Hood is magnet for rocks and paint is inferior. All of these issues can be found on the Toyota Owners boards and on the complaints section of the NHTSA website.