Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

UNBELIEVABLE
By dbackroyal

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My best friend refused to buy American cars and always bought Toyotas, Nissans and Hondas. I laughed at him until I got stuck with a LEMON American GM car. I bought two Toyotas both 2004 models and they are flawless perfect vehicles. I keep them maintained religiously and they have never let me down. This Solara is mine and I am absolutely in love with this car. I am 62 and have never had such a reliable vehicle. You couldn't pry it from mt cold dead hands (unless you gave me a new one)

smooth ride, great visibility, great audio, engine quietness even after 98000 miles.

Cup holder is ok in but could be improved. It is in the console and not well thought out. I guess the Japanese don't drink in their cars. Power seat on drivers side only. Maybe that is a chauvinist thing in Japan who knows. stick thing in Japan. This car is nearer to perfect than I have ever had.

The best ride
By Maria

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned! Toyota is a fantastic company and they stand behind their vehicles! I love the style of my sporty red Solara as well as the performance, not to mention the detail of this car - could not be better! I plan on keeping this car until the very end. I have seen the previous years' solara models on the road and they still look sharp!

Style - gorgeous!

Tire pressure light is extremely sensitive. Should be improved.

Great car but some flaws
By solaraowner

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new in 2004. It's reliable and I've never had any major problems with it, except cosmetically. The paint scratches very easily and the interior plastic panels came loose multiple times and I had to take it to several dealers before they fixed it for good. I wish for the money the car had a more quality interior. Mileage is excellent. The tire pressure monitor is way too sensitive and I wish it told you the pressure- sometimes it goes off it there is too much air in the tire, but you have to check the tires BEFORE adding air for this reason. The snow guard or whatever under the car came loose a few times when other people drove my car and the driver seat can come loose.

On wheel controls, leather seats, heated seats

Less plastic, more luxury. More comfortable seats (not so bucket-y!) and power passenger seat adjustments. Rear AC and same access to back seat on driver side as passenger side. Better pickup when changing gears- it hesitates sometimes and has almost caused accidents.

Solara
By solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had an Avalon and now Solara, Avalon better overall better body construction and overall comfort. Would recommend Avalon over Solara. Doors are too heavy for the hinges and are hard to open. Gas mileage about 25 mpg without air running. Car extremely quiet when running at idle.

Styling.

Needs ashtray, heavier hinges on doors as they are massive, better tires.

Great Purchase! No Regrets!
By clane

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As I enter my fourth year with this car I can honestly say I am more impressed as time goes by. The car is powerful, capable and gets surprisingly good mileage. I have not had one major repair and the only expense has been maintenance. This is my second Toyota and won't be the last. I came out of an 2002 Audi A4 that was a disaster. Toyota is the benchmark of well built and fairly priced mass market automobiles.

Engine (power and mileage) Reliable and inexpensive to service. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!!

Strange dash light colour. Fake wood trim prone to scratches. Original equipment tires wore quickly.