Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Love it!
By keskkesh

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car about a year now! I love it. It's very spacious, well made, has a luxious feel, and an awesome stero. I love the hard lines and sporty look. It runs smooth, light, and fast. Its truly a great car!

Favorite Features

stero, trunk, space, hard lines.

Suggested Improvements

make it easier to ger into the backseat. It's spacious once ur in but hard to get in and out!

Can't trade this one
By Amy

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this wonderful car for 5 worry-free years. I only change the oil, and just got a new battery and new tires. This car gets excellent gas mileage (4-cyl model - 38+ on my most recent hiway trip), and all comment on its great looks. I would like to have something to carry my kayaks in, and have been looking, but just cannot part with this great car. I'm going to the outdoor outfitter to get a Thule rack for the top (I already have a bike rack), so I'll still have my low maintenance, excellent mileage, comfy car. Drove from Virginia to Texas in one day (4am to 11pm), and felt great when I got there - the car already had 60k miles when I made the trip and was totally reliable.

Favorite Features

Mileage! I never put gas in the car! Great 6 CD changer stereo with text msg so you can find out who's singing.

Suggested Improvements

The tire pressure light (it's easy to shut off - no trip to dealer required), but it's too sensitive.

I love this car
By YesMa'am

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't be selling it, if I didn't receive a free vehicle from my company. This car is so fun to drive, I just love it. And, you wouldn't believe the looks I get in it! I feel very safe in this car and it handles very well.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the styling of this vehicle. It is gorgeous and well- built. I have not had a problem with this vehicle since I purchased it in 2003. I change the oil, and rotate the tires and that's all I have to worry about!

Suggested Improvements

Hmm... good question.

Love My Car
By Dolores

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my 2004 Camry Solara, which I bought new in 2004. It is zippy, easy to handle, fun to drive, fast, beautiful color (Oceana Pearl)and great gas mileage. The interior is roomy, and the sound system and climate control are perfect. No problems whatsoever (other than I got a ticket for speeding not long ago.)

Favorite Features

Hard to pick my favorite features, as I like all of them. The moon roof works great, with tilt and also completely open; the dials are so easy to read; very large storage compartments, both in console (for cd's, etc.)and also in dash (for hidden satellite radio).

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of, and this may even be available now, is a built-in satellite radio. This automobile is available with the navigation system, which I do not have, as I do not care about and would not use.

Many annoying defects
By CBB

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a significant number of problems with my Solara (none involving the engine, thankfully), including significant rattling in the dashboard (6 repairs, and counting), rattling/loose passenger window, whistling of the door seals at highway speeds, defective tire pressure indicator, defective rocker (retracting) mechanism in sunroof, defective driving lights, etc. Very shocking, given Toyota's reputation for reliability.

Favorite Features

Great drive; love the interior. Stereo system is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Very poor driver visibility out of rear passenger windows; significant driver blind spots. Have had some close calls.