2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
will keep forever
By Joe on 04/17/10 06:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from a private party and, with its low mileage, low profile tires and after-market rims, I fell in love with it at first sight. I'm still in love with its manual transmission, plush ride and still-in-style good looks after five years of care-free driving. They say the Solara is a mature woman's car, but this honcho couldn't care less!

Timing chain sprocket
By Bob on 07/30/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great comfort, ride, fuel economy, eye catching styling. At 40,000 miles I took it to the dealer for an engine noise. There was no check engine light on.They changed the belt tensioner. The moment I drove away the same noise was still there. The next week they found the timing chain sprocket's teeth were worn. They changed it. Two weeks later the engine quit on me. The timing chain came off, bent the valves and dented the a piston and damaged the cam. They rebuilt all changed all these with the timing chain sprocket being the culprit again. They couldn't tell me why the sprocket teeth keep stripping and if it will happen again.This is the 2.4l 4cyl engine.

I love the car.
By dennis on 09/20/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car in this class. I test drove a BMW-3. Even ignoring the price difference and the fact it's in a different class I liked the Solara better.

Trunk Noise
By Dsevig on 06/02/06 05:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been reliable so far and I wouldn't hesitate to go cross country anytime. Gas mileage stays on 30 mostly city driving. The passenger window came loose from the guide bracket and I had a trunk noise looked at at each 5K mile service. Finally after talking to the service manager personally the problem was found. The noise sounded like someone beating on an empty 50 gallon drum in the trunk when running over rough surfaces or stones. I think Toyota has a fix for this of replacing the rear shocks. The problem ended up being two rods forming an X inside the trunk and just under the rear window a piece of foam between the two rods fixed the problem. Rear seat long trips are a nightmare

Love the car
By andi on 04/13/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my solara. It is comfortable to ride in and yet stylish with good gas milage. You couldn't ask for any more in a car.

mrtopsride
By shawn ducreay on 12/20/05 00:38 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First of all, owning the new bodystyle solara has been a quite big difference than the other mid-size cars I'm typically use to. It's built stronger and rides much better than other cars in its price range, but the horsepower needs much improvements for its price. The car is beautiful once you add the right rims to it, but otherwise boring looking without them. The car furthermore caters to an older (30-40) traditional type driver verses a younger more enthusiatic sports tuned driver. On a whole, the car is very nice to drive and has a lot of room to offer for a family of five to fit comfortably without any cramping in the back.

24000 Miles in 1.5 Years
By adhoc on 09/14/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having this 5M 2dr SE sport for 18 months, I found the combination of its fuel efficiency and power was just ideal. This is my 15th car and I am pretty happy with 33-34 mpg on highway and acceleration after 40 mph. It runs like >200 HP on highway with a regular 2.4L 4-cyl engine. I had no problem since I got in Feb 2004.

A great value
By STP on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is what I expected. Great fuel economy in a larger car. (32+ MPG on regular) My dealer really tries to be perfect. I paid 18,700 and for that price I feel I have a great value.

LOVE MY SOLARA!
By AMERICAN ESCROW on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THIS CAR IS LIKE STEPPING INTO A FANCY AND CLASSY HOTEL-IT IS QUIET, SLEEK AND SPORTY. WENT TO BUY A RAV4 AND WALKED AROUND THE LOT TO LOOK AT OTHER VEHICLES AND TEST DROVE EVERYTHING. THIS WAS THE LAST SOLARA AND I SAT IN IT AND IMMEDIATELY KNEW THAT I WOULD BE TAKING IT HOME. DROVE IT UP TO THE DEALER DOOR AND TOLD THEM TO WRITE IT UP. I LOVE MY TOYOTA SOLARA!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best Car for the 21st Century
By SIH on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ordered this 4 cylinder Manual transmission car. After two and a half months of wait, I just got it. It is every thing one can expect. Smooth, quiet, refined, and fun to drive. Fuel economy statstics is fun to watch and very satisfying. I am gettin 28.5 mpg for city and highway diving in cold weather.