2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Love it!
By Leslie on 05/05/08 14:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 4+ years and would highly recommend it. I'm getting ready to sell mine as I am having a baby and need to upgrade to something with 4 doors, otherwise I would keep it another 4 years or more. The only problem I have had with the vehicle was the Toyo tires that came with the car. I had to replace them at 28,000 miles (which is a terrible life span!). Now that I have some new Michelin energy tires on it, it drives like a dream.

Disappointed is putting it mildly!!
By Gary on 04/08/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the worse car mfr. It hesitates like crazy at low speeds and mis-shifts. It has been doing it from day one. After many times back to the dealer for this problem all they have to say is that the computer has no codes. We can't fix a problem without a code registering. I was told call Toyota directly and register a complaint with area rep. Which also turns out to be a complete waste of time.

Fantastic Car
By dkh on 01/01/07 10:51 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best for comfort and fuel economy much better than predicted, 26 city, 31 highway on average. The gauges are easy to see and read. Would buy this car again.

Initial Excelleration - Poor & Brakes
By Coupe on 09/19/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Over all I would give my Solara SE V6 a low grade because of it's very much like a turbo engine. A friend of mine is a Toyota mechanic and he explained why there is so much excelleration delay similiar to a turbo lag engine. For this review, I'm only referring to low speed performance. At highway speeds it is more than adequate. I think it is unsafe, because when you need instant excelleration, it's just not there. I have owned a manual turbo engine car before and it was very responsive from low end to high end speeds. Would I buy another Solara? NO! Another problem I found is that the brakes are to spungy. I don't get that positive feedback from the brake pedal.

Initial Excelleration - Poor &
By Coupe on 09/19/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Over all I would give my Solara SE V6 a low grade because of it's very much like a turbo engine. A friend of mine is a Toyota mechanic and he explained why there is so much excelleration delay similiar to a turbo engine. For this review, I'm only referring to low speed performance. At highway speeds it is more than adequate. I think it is unsafe, because when you need instant excelleration, it's just not there. I have owned a manual turbo engine car before and it was very responsive from low end to high end speeds. Would I buy another Solara? NO! Another problem I found is that the brakes are to spungy. I don't get that positive feedback from the brake pedal.

Over All Pretty Satisfied
By D.W. ESQ. on 07/10/06 02:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving mostly American made cars in the past, I would have to say I am more than happy to have made the switch to Toyota. Good fuel economy, great styling with the right package, plenty of passenger room, options, safety features, luggage space, and on and on. Toyota was not typically a car I would consider buying but when I first noticed the new design of this style Solara it had my attention right away. Being in my late twenties, I found this to be a "smart" purchase to combine safety, pleasure, and price. This vehicle "turns heads" of all ages. "Class" and "youthfulness" are both expressed through its design.

About the V6 SE Coupe
By steven tarczali on 12/03/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car good power, not good in snow or ice. Feels sporty, however it's a sporty upscale look but handles like the Camry sedan. Make no mistake, it's not a sporty handling automobile. May have been better with rear wheel drive for handling. Doors, very big to get in and out of tight spots, however nice roomy interior for the driver and front pax. back seats are good for avg. person but not on long hauls. Good room for kids.

Quality & fun to drive
By Terton on 04/20/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My car has been problem free. It's very comfortable and has a sporty feel to it. The lines are great. I have the 6 cd stereo and it has wonderful surround sound. The car just feels like quality when you're in it. I had a 1991 Celica for 13 years and loved it. I still miss the sports car (low to the ground) feel but this car is much more comfortable. The only downside that I see is the few blind spots. These are due to the small window in the back It looks great though and you just use the mirrors:) Definately recommend this car!

My Solara
By sdb1rd on 12/11/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Solara really surprised me the first time I had to rapidly accelerate. It took my breath away and the handling is by far one of the best cars I have ever driven. The comfort zone is remarkable. My friends thought it was a small car until we compared it to a Chevy Impala. Toyota hit a home run with this car. The exterior is beautiful with the rakish looking healight assembly and the grill. It is just a flat out fun car to drive or just ride in.

My Solara
By sdb1rd on 12/11/04 10:02 AM (PST)