2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Love it!
By keskkesh

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car about a year now! I love it. It's very spacious, well made, has a luxious feel, and an awesome stero. I love the hard lines and sporty look. It runs smooth, light, and fast. Its truly a great car!

Favorite Features

stero, trunk, space, hard lines.

Suggested Improvements

make it easier to ger into the backseat. It's spacious once ur in but hard to get in and out!

Can't trade this one
By Amy

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this wonderful car for 5 worry-free years. I only change the oil, and just got a new battery and new tires. This car gets excellent gas mileage (4-cyl model - 38+ on my most recent hiway trip), and all comment on its great looks. I would like to have something to carry my kayaks in, and have been looking, but just cannot part with this great car. I'm going to the outdoor outfitter to get a Thule rack for the top (I already have a bike rack), so I'll still have my low maintenance, excellent mileage, comfy car. Drove from Virginia to Texas in one day (4am to 11pm), and felt great when I got there - the car already had 60k miles when I made the trip and was totally reliable.

Favorite Features

Mileage! I never put gas in the car! Great 6 CD changer stereo with text msg so you can find out who's singing.

Suggested Improvements

The tire pressure light (it's easy to shut off - no trip to dealer required), but it's too sensitive.

I love this car
By YesMa'am

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wouldn't be selling it, if I didn't receive a free vehicle from my company. This car is so fun to drive, I just love it. And, you wouldn't believe the looks I get in it! I feel very safe in this car and it handles very well.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the styling of this vehicle. It is gorgeous and well- built. I have not had a problem with this vehicle since I purchased it in 2003. I change the oil, and rotate the tires and that's all I have to worry about!

Suggested Improvements

Hmm... good question.

Love My Car
By Dolores

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so happy with my 2004 Camry Solara, which I bought new in 2004. It is zippy, easy to handle, fun to drive, fast, beautiful color (Oceana Pearl)and great gas mileage. The interior is roomy, and the sound system and climate control are perfect. No problems whatsoever (other than I got a ticket for speeding not long ago.)

Favorite Features

Hard to pick my favorite features, as I like all of them. The moon roof works great, with tilt and also completely open; the dials are so easy to read; very large storage compartments, both in console (for cd's, etc.)and also in dash (for hidden satellite radio).

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of, and this may even be available now, is a built-in satellite radio. This automobile is available with the navigation system, which I do not have, as I do not care about and would not use.

Many annoying defects
By CBB

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a significant number of problems with my Solara (none involving the engine, thankfully), including significant rattling in the dashboard (6 repairs, and counting), rattling/loose passenger window, whistling of the door seals at highway speeds, defective tire pressure indicator, defective rocker (retracting) mechanism in sunroof, defective driving lights, etc. Very shocking, given Toyota's reputation for reliability.

Favorite Features

Great drive; love the interior. Stereo system is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Very poor driver visibility out of rear passenger windows; significant driver blind spots. Have had some close calls.

Awsome Car!
By Maggie May

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It is my first car and it is so cool! It is really nice to drive and looks great! Everyone loves it too and I get all kinds of compliments! I would highly recomend it!

Favorite Features

CD player, Stylish interior, Sleek exterior

Suggested Improvements

Blinds spots but you get use to them quickly.

Almost a Lexus
By mk86

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you're tempted by a Lexus but don't care to spend the extra 10-12K, try the Solara. Don't let the "Camry" moniker fool you. The Solara's look makes it appear far different from the Camry, and the fit, finish and performance are as smooth, quiet and luxurious as upscale nameplates asking half again as much.

Favorite Features

Super comfortable leather seats, very quiet cabin, spacious front and rear, plus knowing you've got a great luxury car at a great value.

Suggested Improvements

The car developed a slight squeak in the dash area. Acceleration in the 4 cylinder is smooth and strong, but wouldn't mind a bit more kick to it, without having to go for the 6 cylinder.

Solara Review
By kalia

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car the moment I sat in it. It has a beautiful interior. I love the sportyiness of the car itself. I was looking for a sportier car away from a Camry and the Solara hit the spot.

Favorite Features

6 CD changer, moon roof, leather interior, large trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

bad blind spot on left of driver side.

Great Deal for Your Money
By sabsmiles76

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my Solara for less than a week, but it is awesome! I feel like I am driving a luxury car for half the price. If you like having a sports car, but hate how low it is or the lack of space, then the Solara is for you! The faux wood trim is a little cheesy, but it does break up the monotony of all of the silver and gray.

Favorite Features

LOVE the 6-disc in dash changer and all of the silver accessories; lumbar support is a nice addition; my friends love the roomy back seat.

Suggested Improvements

There is a very bad blind spot. When I test drove the car I noticed this, and mentioned it to my salesman...he didn't say anything, go figure. But it wasn't enough for me not to want the car, it just means that you have to be extra careful.

solara
By Kristen Weg

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle since I sat in it.

Favorite Features

I love the cd player and the digital everything.