2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Complete Lemon
By KevinP on 02/26/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been to the shop 23 times in the last 4 years. There was a short in the electrical system in the first month that Toyota didn't find that caused many other problems. Worst Dealer ever, worst car ever. The car understeers heavily, too little grip for fun handling, I average 23 mpg. I bought this because I thought the Passat was unreliable. I will be trading this piece of crap in for a Saab this week. VW and Toyota need to be taught what customer service is.

Wonderful Car!
By Victor on 10/27/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Solara Convertible. First was a 2001. The car is beautiful, dependable, and always attracts attention. Only real downside is the rearview visibility. Rear window is too small and the rear seat headrests are too big.

Nice, competent and stylish convertible
By PCC on 10/10/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought previously owned (certified). Car drives/looks like the Lexus. I get lots comments from people mistaking it for the Lexus. I have noticed body shake/roll over rough roads but it is not uncontrolable. Better tires (V or Z- rated) make it more manageable. It's fun to drive, has lots of zip and still delivers around 25.5 mpg using regular/87 octane fuel (though the owners manual "recommends" 89 octane or higher). I usually put a tankfull of premium fuel once or twice a month. I only notice a slight difference in total performance (power & mileage). Overall, a very nice combination of great looks, excellent performance/handling and super reliability. Definitely would purchase again.

Blind spots
By solara on 07/31/06 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The cars rides like a jewel. The worst thing is the roll bar in the rear, one cannot see what is in back of them, and also the rear window is small. The interior design is not very conducive to convenience of using the back seat area for putting packages on the floor temporarily. In fact you could eliminate the back seat area all together. No one can get back there to sit. I would not buy that model car again. I do love the Toyota engineering though, it is great over all.

Toyota Solara SLE convertible
By ross333 on 01/05/06 17:38 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There is a problem with rear view visibility from the drivers seat with the top up. The rear seat head restraints all so block vision out of small rear window. The Toyota body is not stiff enough with out the unit body roof, this makes the convertible a bit unstable on all but super smooth road surface. You get a lot of shake car needs improved body supports.

Why I enjoy my Solara Convertible.
By fostercrew on 07/18/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable car for the price.We've had four seasons of fun.Seating for four adults in comfort.The Solara also has a very sure footed ride. Some convertible blind spots to be expected.But pound for pound Toyota got it right once again.This is my sixth Toyota product and yes I would buy this car again.

A Little Lexus
By LarryMit on 07/13/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our first "foreign" car, and I've been converted. The fit and finish are top-notch. Everything works as advertised. My wife wanted a "mid-life crisis" car and this one fills the bill and still has a great back seat for the kids. I don't know how many times it's been mistaken for a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes from the outside, and if you get in you'd still have a problem saying it isn't as nice as any of those.

my car I love it!!!
By suzanne p on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. long trip, very comfortable, wish it had onstar on board but you cant have everything. Only things I have found negative with this car 1. you have a blind spot I have learned to figure it out but a little scarey at first. 2 this is minor but there is a cover for the front seat belt, floor behind the seat.I have had it replaced and again it has fell off and my back seat is not being used. If you push the front seat back it flys off.

LOVE IT!!
By candycorcoran on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this is a wonderful vehicle. Took it on a 2000 mile road trip 2 weeks after we bought it and it performed beautifully. Lots of power, convertible works very fast, very comfortable drive. Has lots of features for the price. Also, has lots of head room for the taller driver. Was going to buy a T-bird for $10M more, but very happy we went with the Solara. The GPS system is awesome. Also, you don't see a "million" of these cars on the road. Read in previous reviews about some wind noise and "shaking" of the car. Haven't had any of those issues. It's a little bumpy on rough roads but it's very livable.

Design Flaws in my Toyota Convertible
By Nancy Yanes Hoffman on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

1.NO TAPE DECK! Tape deck removed and replaced with useless map guide. 2. Passenger front seat is not electric. 3. Neither trunk nor passenger door can be opened with a KEY. Can only be opened from INSIDE the car. 4. Huge pillowed blocks bar rear-view visibility. Even with cushions removed, rear bar hinders visibility. 5. Only one electronic key given at purchase. 6. Coffee holders not firm and secure. Coffee always spills over. 7. Clock not brightly back-lit and poorly placed. You can't read the time from the driver's seat. 8. Virtually no room between front and back seats, which make the back seat useless. 9. CD only plays one CD at a time.

1 2 3 4 5 next »