Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
NICE CONVERTIBLE!
By CONVERTIBLE MAN

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lower-end priced "family" convertible market (adequate back seat) is limited to a select few: the two usual suspects are the Chrysler Sebring and Volvo C70. When you drive each, you wonder how the front end stays put when you run over anything but a newly-paved road. The Volvo is the "prettiest" convertible out there. But that ride is so disappointing. Which brings us to the Toyota Camry Solara. I don't know why they include "Camry" in the name, since you won't find it anywhere on the car. It's comfy, roomy, zippy, gets decent gas mileage, and VERY quiet with the top up. It has some body quiver, which results from it being a sedan with the top cut off, after-market.

Favorite Features

Cloth seats! A must for me on sunny, warm days, where leather (or usually vinyl or "pleather") seats baste me like a Thanksgiving turkey. The ride is pleasant! The gauge lights are nice at night. TOYOTA RELIABILITY! A San Diego pleasant day drive becomes a virtual vacation in this car!

Suggested Improvements

The blind spot! It almost put me off of this fine car. You will be stunned by the thought that a Toyota engineer actually thought this through... then you'll realize that they didn't - it's an afterthought, after-market production. Cutting off the top caused them to install those high headrests.

Would buy again!
By Frank

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Soft ride, comfortable seats, fair gas mileage, not a road racer, great looking, not costly to run or own, the ladies love it with the top down, large trunk space, easy low cost upkeep, always starts, quiet as a convertible can be, 10 second top up or down, interior build quality is excellent.

Favorite Features

Quality convertible with great looks for not much money.

Suggested Improvements

Make transmission shift without hesitation, always smooth and not a big deal but noticeable. Dampen the hood movement. (Hard to do in a drop top.)

I Love it !!!!
By toyota solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutley love my car.... fun to drive it's a looker have had numerous folks come to me and ask how i like it... It's my first toyota and i look forward to it's longevity...

Lexus at Half-Price!
By MikeinIL

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior isn't similar to a lExus ... it is the same body, except for the badging.

Favorite Features

Looks, price, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Too much body shaking on rough roads; blind spots when top is up, and rear view is bad even with top down.

Only OK -- Wouldn't Buy it Again
By Travelpro0104

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After the leaky roof was fixed two times and I still have to fix the hesitation with excelleration, it's an okay car. The 'tires for life' deal is a scam since it requires oil changes every 3,500 miles or the warranty is voided. The car looks great, but I want more than "a looker" to keep me happy.

Favorite Features

The style is so close to Lexxus.

Suggested Improvements

The roof rattles too much, lets in too much road noise. Some of my other comments are dealer based -- not for the car.