2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Complete Lemon
By KevinP on 02/26/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been to the shop 23 times in the last 4 years. There was a short in the electrical system in the first month that Toyota didn't find that caused many other problems. Worst Dealer ever, worst car ever. The car understeers heavily, too little grip for fun handling, I average 23 mpg. I bought this because I thought the Passat was unreliable. I will be trading this piece of crap in for a Saab this week. VW and Toyota need to be taught what customer service is.

Would buy again!
By Frank on 10/07/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Soft ride, comfortable seats, fair gas mileage, not a road racer, great looking, not costly to run or own, the ladies love it with the top down, large trunk space, easy low cost upkeep, always starts, quiet as a convertible can be, 10 second top up or down, interior build quality is excellent.

Wonderful Car!
By Victor on 10/27/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Solara Convertible. First was a 2001. The car is beautiful, dependable, and always attracts attention. Only real downside is the rearview visibility. Rear window is too small and the rear seat headrests are too big.

Nice, competent and stylish convertible
By PCC on 10/10/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought previously owned (certified). Car drives/looks like the Lexus. I get lots comments from people mistaking it for the Lexus. I have noticed body shake/roll over rough roads but it is not uncontrolable. Better tires (V or Z- rated) make it more manageable. It's fun to drive, has lots of zip and still delivers around 25.5 mpg using regular/87 octane fuel (though the owners manual "recommends" 89 octane or higher). I usually put a tankfull of premium fuel once or twice a month. I only notice a slight difference in total performance (power & mileage). Overall, a very nice combination of great looks, excellent performance/handling and super reliability. Definitely would purchase again.

I Love it !!!!
By toyota solara on 09/19/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutley love my car.... fun to drive it's a looker have had numerous folks come to me and ask how i like it... It's my first toyota and i look forward to it's longevity...

Blind spots
By solara on 07/31/06 08:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The cars rides like a jewel. The worst thing is the roll bar in the rear, one cannot see what is in back of them, and also the rear window is small. The interior design is not very conducive to convenience of using the back seat area for putting packages on the floor temporarily. In fact you could eliminate the back seat area all together. No one can get back there to sit. I would not buy that model car again. I do love the Toyota engineering though, it is great over all.

NICE CONVERTIBLE!
By CONVERTIBLE MAN on 05/02/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The lower-end priced "family" convertible market (adequate back seat) is limited to a select few: the two usual suspects are the Chrysler Sebring and Volvo C70. When you drive each, you wonder how the front end stays put when you run over anything but a newly-paved road. The Volvo is the "prettiest" convertible out there. But that ride is so disappointing. Which brings us to the Toyota Camry Solara. I don't know why they include "Camry" in the name, since you won't find it anywhere on the car. It's comfy, roomy, zippy, gets decent gas mileage, and VERY quiet with the top up. It has some body quiver, which results from it being a sedan with the top cut off, after-market.

Toyota Solara SLE convertible
By ross333 on 01/05/06 17:38 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There is a problem with rear view visibility from the drivers seat with the top up. The rear seat head restraints all so block vision out of small rear window. The Toyota body is not stiff enough with out the unit body roof, this makes the convertible a bit unstable on all but super smooth road surface. You get a lot of shake car needs improved body supports.

Why I enjoy my Solara Convertible.
By fostercrew on 07/18/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable car for the price.We've had four seasons of fun.Seating for four adults in comfort.The Solara also has a very sure footed ride. Some convertible blind spots to be expected.But pound for pound Toyota got it right once again.This is my sixth Toyota product and yes I would buy this car again.

A Little Lexus
By LarryMit on 07/13/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our first "foreign" car, and I've been converted. The fit and finish are top-notch. Everything works as advertised. My wife wanted a "mid-life crisis" car and this one fills the bill and still has a great back seat for the kids. I don't know how many times it's been mistaken for a BMW, Audi, or Mercedes from the outside, and if you get in you'd still have a problem saying it isn't as nice as any of those.