Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

UNBELIEVABLE MACHINE
By SnoopBman

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Solara for 4+ years now and I have nothing but positive words for this car. I currently have around 165K on the car, primarily highway miles and it still runs as soft, smooth and quietly as it did the first day I purchased it. I'm amazed at what Toyota has done with this machine. I've only had minor repair issues in the past mainly due to my excessive driving. Only had to replace driver side window regulator because it was broken into and regulator was damaged. And I have an AC leak which I hope won't be too much of a repair before this summer hits.

Favorite Features

I love the interior and exterior design of the vehicle. What sold me on the car was the frosted glass and the green LED lighting all over the dash. I love it.

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements at all. I'm excited to see what the next masterpiece will be like because this one is damn near flawless.

Good vehicle
By ppp

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: My 2004 still turns heads on occassion, excellent interior, big trunk, good road manners, average 33 Mpg on the highway with conservative driving. Have had a left drift problem (spring seat displaced, dealer fixed) and replaced a tie rod. The original Bridgestone tires were trash, only lasted 25,000 miles. We have used our Solara very hard, excellently engineered and easy to live with. Not a sports car, but a sporty car.

Favorite Features

Style, sharp SE sport interior, big for 2 doors, good mileage with reasonable power in the 4 cyl. White fuzzy dice on mirror look right at home.

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable seats, doors are creaky, needs a turbo v6 option

So far so good
By SC

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for 14k miles, I'm now not so excited, but still satisfied with it. The only complaint besides the rear blind spots, is the original front tires worn out at 13k miles. It's fun, fast, stable, beautiful, and comfortable on the road. Very good for a V4. We like it.

Favorite Features

It's sport suspension and style.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger engine and 5-speed auto transmission for the V4 model.

Worst Owning Experience Ever
By Eric S

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had problems from day 1. The car had the "Left Drift Issue", rattle in dashboard, and the start of transmission problems. The car was in the shop 4 times for the pull issue and the rattles, but the dealership was never able to fix them. Eventually was told that the car is suppose to pull to the left. Completely unsatisified with this car, coming from a family that owns nothing but Toyotas. Owned the car for a total of 5 months before I had enough and traded it in on a brand new Scion tC, which has had absolutely no problems at all. I guess the plant in Kentucky should take notes on how cars are built in Japan because they sure as hell can't compete with the quality from overseas.

Favorite Features

!!!!!!!!!!NOT A THING!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Send your engineers back to school. I can't believe that Toyota would put their name on a car that poorly developed and built. Fix the blind spots, the acceleration issue, all rattles, moon roof, and any of the other 20+ TSBs that are out there for this monstrosity.

Beyond Expectation
By Solara2749

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing and test drive quite a number of cars in the price range, Solara turns out my ultimate winner. At this time approx. 2months / ~3kmi drive, I found the car is just well beyond my original expectation; the car is so well built, endless safety features. Extremly quiet, great rigit body and well integartion; no rattle, no squeak. Overal, it just a superior car for the price (even thousands more).

Favorite Features

Beatiful exterior-Interior Styling, materials, confort / ergonomics, very quiet, sweet engine sound at hi- rev, built quality, sophisticated, stiff but comfort suspension system.

Suggested Improvements

Should have Michelin Pilot Sport for the sport wheel package. The Toyo tires are not up to the standard toward the overal quality of the car. Keyless entry & keyless start like the Prius, and climate control should be standard features.