2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best Car Ever
By finch13 on 01/26/14 08:07 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

at 49 I have owned many car brands but this solara has been the best ever. Bought it 3 years ago with 82km and now have 171km and it runs like new. 3 weeks ago I hit black ice and went over a bank and almost cried at the thought that it may be totalled. It was repairable and will get it back this week. Regular maintenance & new timing belt, water pump is all I've ever done to it. Plan on running it until it literally falls apart. Only thing I would trade it for is a newer one with less miles.

Love it!
By keskkesh on 07/26/11 19:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car about a year now! I love it. It's very spacious, well made, has a luxious feel, and an awesome stero. I love the hard lines and sporty look. It runs smooth, light, and fast. Its truly a great car!

UNBELIEVABLE
By dbackroyal on 12/09/10 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My best friend refused to buy American cars and always bought Toyotas, Nissans and Hondas. I laughed at him until I got stuck with a LEMON American GM car. I bought two Toyotas both 2004 models and they are flawless perfect vehicles. I keep them maintained religiously and they have never let me down. This Solara is mine and I am absolutely in love with this car. I am 62 and have never had such a reliable vehicle. You couldn't pry it from mt cold dead hands (unless you gave me a new one)

Love this car
By LOVE THIS CAR on 08/28/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the car with 85,000 km. Black with black interior. So far this has been my favorite car of all that I've owned. I haven't had it very long

Love this car
By aron on 07/22/10 21:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a first time car buyer and bought the car with 160,000 miles yes 160,000 miles and when I drove it it felt like a new car and when I bought it in for in oil change the dealer asked if the car reached 50 thousand miles I love the car. It keeps its value if maintained

The best ride
By Maria on 07/13/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned! Toyota is a fantastic company and they stand behind their vehicles! I love the style of my sporty red Solara as well as the performance, not to mention the detail of this car - could not be better! I plan on keeping this car until the very end. I have seen the previous years' solara models on the road and they still look sharp!

Great car but some flaws
By solaraowner on 06/10/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this new in 2004. It's reliable and I've never had any major problems with it, except cosmetically. The paint scratches very easily and the interior plastic panels came loose multiple times and I had to take it to several dealers before they fixed it for good. I wish for the money the car had a more quality interior. Mileage is excellent. The tire pressure monitor is way too sensitive and I wish it told you the pressure- sometimes it goes off it there is too much air in the tire, but you have to check the tires BEFORE adding air for this reason. The snow guard or whatever under the car came loose a few times when other people drove my car and the driver seat can come loose.

will keep forever
By Joe on 04/17/10 06:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from a private party and, with its low mileage, low profile tires and after-market rims, I fell in love with it at first sight. I'm still in love with its manual transmission, plush ride and still-in-style good looks after five years of care-free driving. They say the Solara is a mature woman's car, but this honcho couldn't care less!

5 Years 105,000 Miles - Still Love It
By Diana on 05/28/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Eight cars to date, this is the first car I've owned where I put more that 50,000 miles on it. This is my second Toyota. Hasn't had any problems, engine is still quiet and smooth, and parts still fit together like they were new. Mileage has gone down some, from 30 to 28 MPG - still excellent for me. Was not looking for a sport car, just a sporty look, so the performance (or lack thereof) isn't important to me. I never thought I would have a car this long, and I am in no hurry to buy another.

Can't trade this one
By Amy on 05/19/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this wonderful car for 5 worry-free years. I only change the oil, and just got a new battery and new tires. This car gets excellent gas mileage (4-cyl model - 38+ on my most recent hiway trip), and all comment on its great looks. I would like to have something to carry my kayaks in, and have been looking, but just cannot part with this great car. I'm going to the outdoor outfitter to get a Thule rack for the top (I already have a bike rack), so I'll still have my low maintenance, excellent mileage, comfy car. Drove from Virginia to Texas in one day (4am to 11pm), and felt great when I got there - the car already had 60k miles when I made the trip and was totally reliable.