Luv my Solara !
By SolaraMan2003 on
2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Starting engine not as instantaneous as American-made cars I’ve owned in the past. Is this typical on this kind of car? Handles quite well. MPG from 19/city to 28/highway (high-speed ~75mph, non-constant). I don’t necessarily feel I’m in a “luxury” car, but you know you’re in a nice one. Cruise control kept constant speed, but I think it should have a second dash light for "engaged" as well as "cruise". Had the car at 100mph for 7 seconds on a straight, smooth tpke with 4 passengers and all thought the ride was quite smooth. They didn’t think we were going that fast.
Favorite Features
Stereo system superb! Engine and trans both almost silent. She purrrrs ! Rear seats are quite comfy/roomy. Air conditioning is excellent and cools off car fast. V6 provides great acceleration. Driver-side left foot pedal/rest on the floor.
Suggested Improvements
Light on floor in front & better lighting in glove box. Seat belts not easy to grab in front. Sunglass holder too small. Trip-sets go to tenths-of-a-mile, odometer doesn’t. WANTS: a) stereo controls in steering-wheel, b) digital dash, c) rear-seat electric windows, d) more light in trunk.