2003 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
All flash, no dash
By mysticwarrior on 08/03/06 07:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Don't let the fact that the top goes down down fool you. Terrible JBL radio, lousy seats, lots of wind noise with the top up, busy HVAC controls, no stick, so so gas mileage, crappy center console is an elbow rest not an arm rest. Purchased this car for the wife cause she liked the way it looked with the top down, but after spending an hour driving it, she would rather drive her 10 year old jeep with 150,000 miles on it. This car may or not be reliable down the road, but it's a lot to put up with just for the sake of reliability.

great car
By rbroesler on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a blast. You cannot believe how much car for the money. Only complaint-lotsa problems with the stereo. It was recalled for too much base. They replaced the radio twice- still sounded bad. Now they disconnected the subwoofer and it is tinny and not good. The dealership has been wonderful but they dont know what else to do. Also the hood paint chips easily and the interior noise is I guess somewhat typical of a convertible. The car has a rear blindspot too. If anyone has a solution for the stereo problem please post!! Or email me at Rbroesle@esboces.org

2003 Solara
By jvoelzow on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the money. i would recommend it to anyone and intend to buy a new one.

2003 sle-v6
By rfa on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd solara slev6 i've owned (2001+2003).The only reason I traded the '01 was to get the heated front seats. For the money its an exceptional value.Across the US from coast to coast with never a problem and an average of 28 highway/23 city mpg. No maintainance issues.Do regular service and it runs like a Swiss watch.Quality is on a par with my friend's Lexus ES300,handling is actually not that much below another friend's BMW,at half the price. I will probably buy another

All is good except for brakes
By Nick G S on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I use brakes, the steering wheel shakes. I'm surprised Toyota Rotors wharped after just 10K miles!!! Have to fight with dealship now to get them to machine rotors (free of charge). Otherwise the car is pleasant.

always love a toyota!
By rswan on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. It gets great gas mileage,and it's a nice smooth ride. It's sporty looking with out being a sports car. this 4 cylinder has got plenty of pick up and go! It's a TOYOTA what more can you say!

Hopelessly helpless in a Toyota Solara
By Barbb on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car since 6/2003 and started bring for repair service 7/2003. It has been serviced at Gateway Toyota, of Toms River, NJ 13 times in the last year. Anything that could go wrong, did, from tires already needing to be replaced, to most recent the catalytic converter falling off. My car currently has 22,000+ in mileage and I have a lawyer to claim lemon law. After all this Toyota wanted me to go thru mediation with a company they chose. Both Gateway Dealership and Toyota have been absolute helpless and actually made me feel like I was losing my mind. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!

Life's Little Pleasures
By 22Graham22 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just wanted to share my experiences with this car, it's so comfortable to drive. My wife and I took a vacation last year along the California coastline, we took the scenic route with the top down, driving this vehicle for long periods of time was just a pure pleasure, no backaches or problems with driver fatigue. I have to say it's just a wonderful fun car to own, Toyota's legendary reliability takes the worry away, the depreciation is pretty low too.

great car
By solara on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Drives so smooth

Love my Convertible!
By buckeyegirl on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had always wanted a convertible, but I wanted one with a back seat that had some style. I looked at a few, and fell in love with the Camry Solara as soon as I saw it. It is so much fun to drive, and a year later, I'm so glad I bought it. I'm just sad that they discontinued the model!