Used 2003 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Good Car
By Gary

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased with lots of miles. Car was a 1 owner with lots of TLC. Only complaints so far is the gas pedal sticks, and vibration in the steering wheel when applying the brakes. Overall very nice ride.

6 disc cd player, interior layout.

Toyota has to look into consumer complaints.

2003 Toyota Solara SE
By mreusser

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car, it rides better than my 2001 Accord did. The only problems we have had is the bearings in one wheel went out. Other than that all we have done is replace the tires and have regular maintenance done.

Gas mileage, ride

Seatbelt pulls on shoulder and booster seats don't fit very well.

I LOVE my Solara
By fifi

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Solara brand new in 2003. It was the first brand new car I'd purchased in about 25 years. I would not change a thing about this car. I absolutely love the way it handles, the way it looks and the fact that I haven't had to do anything to it except regular maintenance. I intend to drive this thing until it falls apart. I am so happy I bought the 2003 model because I have been completely unimpressed with the newer body styles.

the look, the JBL stereo, the moon roof, the insurance is reasonable

mmmm...nothing...

4 cyl Solara
By wes

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth, quiet cruiser. 30+ mpg on the highway. Plenty fast, great styling, ruined in '04 models. Paint chips badly on hood - must be airflow or the hood angle - noticed on others.

Style, mileage

better paint protection

Good for daily driver, but not a racecar
By atclate

2003 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year, and I've been driving it daily. Quite reliable, especially because the engine has been used by Toyota for quite some years. However, since the engine is old technology, there are much more powerful engines and transmissions out there. Gas mileage is not good enough, compared to the new V6s out there. Automatic transmission is not responsive enough, loses power starting second gear. Interior is very comfortable though. Cannot find another car this soft and comfy except maybe American cars. Sound system is only better than average. Ride is floaty at high speed, suspension is comfortable but too soft for spirited driving. User features are limited.

Comfortable seats. Smooth acceleration. Quiet interior.

Larger armrest. Manual transmission for V6. Sports-tuned suspension. Steering wheel stereo control. Telescopic steering wheel.