2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
2003 Toyota Solara SE
By mreusser on 08/25/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car, it rides better than my 2001 Accord did. The only problems we have had is the bearings in one wheel went out. Other than that all we have done is replace the tires and have regular maintenance done.

I LOVE my Solara
By fifi on 05/28/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Solara brand new in 2003. It was the first brand new car I'd purchased in about 25 years. I would not change a thing about this car. I absolutely love the way it handles, the way it looks and the fact that I haven't had to do anything to it except regular maintenance. I intend to drive this thing until it falls apart. I am so happy I bought the 2003 model because I have been completely unimpressed with the newer body styles.

4 cyl Solara
By wes on 06/04/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth, quiet cruiser. 30+ mpg on the highway. Plenty fast, great styling, ruined in '04 models. Paint chips badly on hood - must be airflow or the hood angle - noticed on others.

All is good except for brakes
By Nick G S on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I use brakes, the steering wheel shakes. I'm surprised Toyota Rotors wharped after just 10K miles!!! Have to fight with dealship now to get them to machine rotors (free of charge). Otherwise the car is pleasant.

always love a toyota!
By rswan on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. It gets great gas mileage,and it's a nice smooth ride. It's sporty looking with out being a sports car. this 4 cylinder has got plenty of pick up and go! It's a TOYOTA what more can you say!

Hopelessly helpless in a Toyota Solara
By Barbb on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car since 6/2003 and started bring for repair service 7/2003. It has been serviced at Gateway Toyota, of Toms River, NJ 13 times in the last year. Anything that could go wrong, did, from tires already needing to be replaced, to most recent the catalytic converter falling off. My car currently has 22,000+ in mileage and I have a lawyer to claim lemon law. After all this Toyota wanted me to go thru mediation with a company they chose. Both Gateway Dealership and Toyota have been absolute helpless and actually made me feel like I was losing my mind. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!

great car
By solara on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Drives so smooth

Kelly's review
By kcshc on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Solara and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a new, classy yet still sporty, fuel effecient and reliable vehicle.

great
By moi on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car! Concumer Reports also recommends it, and the 2003 has better reliability that the 2003 Camry.

Sweet
By Joeyyyyyy on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought was hooked on Hondas until I got my Solara. The Solara is roomier, more stylish, quieter, and more ergonomic than any Honda engineer could dream up. It gets a little less gas milage and is a little heavier than the Honda. Just shut the doors and feel the difference in how solid and tight this car is. It is fun to drive. Honda makes a great car, but this is a step up in the right direction.