2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Thoughts On My Solara

2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

SE Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Thoughts On My Solara
By solara28 on

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).

Being able to turn my DRLs on or off. Some shifting from the 4-speed auto, plenty of power from the 2.4L 4-banger engine. The seat belt holder attachments are a nice touch. Rear spoiler makes a huge difference in the appearance of this car. Seats are very comfortable.

Should have made 4 wheel disc anti-lock brakes standard on all trim lines (they listened with the redesigned model). There is still some body flexing and rolling, needs to be more rigid. Should have made 16-inch wheels standard on all trim lines (the SE get 15 inch wheels).