2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Love this car!
By princess7093 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was not my first choice for a car. I was set on a Passat or an Audi A4. On a trip to toyota for a friend I saw it and decided to test drive it. It is a great car! The ride is especially smooth and the acceleration is a lot of fun. I am not sorry that I got my Solara. Expect the always excellent quality typical of Toyotas.

I love this car!
By smhmkh on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara used with only a little over 23,000 miles, and it was 3 years old. I love the smooth drive, the power, and the fully loaded interior. It hums with style. I am completely satisfied and would buy another Solara any day.

not impressed
By zippo on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Rode in one that of friend owns. Can you say rattles? Actually considered buying one and I'm satisfied I didn't. The ride and mileage wasn't very impressive either.

Comfortable
By mimi919 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my SLE Solara 3 weeks now and have about 1,500 miles on it. I find the Solara to be a very comfortable car with fantastically comfortable seats,roomy interior front and back....handling at all speeds is very good with a quiet ride. Unfortunately the Solara does lack luxury feature and for that matter even standard features of todays cars such as auto locking door locks,trip computer,rear heat outlets,delay headlights,power passenger seat,ect.

02 Solara Coupe
By Lunar Mist on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in a 1995 2-d Camry with 200k miles for the Solara. This makes the 5th Camry we've owned. Very satisfied with the vehicle. Beautiful machine both in style and performance.

i love this car
By bigatony on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i have had the pleasure of driving lexus, toyota, honda, and other types of cars and after very careful consideration to buying my first new car im 100% positive that i made the perfect choice in buying my 2002 solara

GOOD BUY
By REDSOLARA on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE. THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING THE ACURA 3.2 TYPE S, BUT THE TOYOTA WAS A MUCH BETTER DEAL. TOYOTA OF ORLANDO GAVE A GOOD PRICE DUE TO VOLUME SALES. DRIVES GOOD, COMFORTABLE INTERIOR, NICE MOONROOF, GOOD JBL SOUND, COMFORTABLE PERF. LEATHER.

Smoooooth Solara
By Chop100 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded-in a 2000 Volvo S70 for the Solara. The Solara wasn't on my radar screen but the salesman suggested I try it and I was impressed from the get-go. It doesn't take corners like a sports car, but the overall performance with the new 157 hp 4 cyl is surprisingly good.

My history of owning Toyotas
By PMD on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just comments to share of my experience of owning Toyotas, they are one of the most reliable cars made. The only thing that I changed on my Toyota is the struts. I had Monroe struts installed and it improved the handling greatly and also the Monroe struts are cheaper in price compared to Toyota struts. I also put better tires on my Toyota, Michelin X ones.

Wonderful Touring Car
By SilverSolara on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2000 6cyl w/manual tranny. Extremely comfortable, almost luxurious ride. All reviews saying it is 'Lexus-like' are dead-on. The engine, brakes, tranny have been problem-free at 36K miles. After comparing it to CL/Integra, Accord, Cougar, Tiburon,and Seabring, I think I have the best car (that suits me) for the money.