Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Thoughts On My Solara
By solara28

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).

Being able to turn my DRLs on or off. Some shifting from the 4-speed auto, plenty of power from the 2.4L 4-banger engine. The seat belt holder attachments are a nice touch. Rear spoiler makes a huge difference in the appearance of this car. Seats are very comfortable.

Should have made 4 wheel disc anti-lock brakes standard on all trim lines (they listened with the redesigned model). There is still some body flexing and rolling, needs to be more rigid. Should have made 16-inch wheels standard on all trim lines (the SE get 15 inch wheels).

Not as good as my wife's Accord
By kmeister1

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven a Honda Accord but thought they were a bit pricey when I went shopping for a new car. I bought the 2002 Solara during the big sales in June, 2002, when the dealer wanted to make room for the incoming 2003's. I was looking for a reliable, roomy, safe, 5-speed, 4 cylinder vehicle with decent fuel economy. I got all of those but the car handles poorly in wet weather (left turns are especially sloppy) and the thing is too noisy on the highway. Next time I'm in the market for a new car I'm going back to Honda.

Good stereo, safe, comfortable interior, not bad on gas

Better tires, reduce interior noise, improve handling in wet weather

A Combination of Fun and Pratical
By Jdavis

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car every day I drive it. Several times a week I pat myself on the back for choosing this vehicle. It has room enough for adults, economical to operate, and is a car that should last for years. And yet, it is a blast to drive. I have had two minor items which needed to be repaired. The car is comfortable and solid. It has all the features I want. The wind and outside noise is low for a convertable, but is certainly more than hardtops. Most notable on interstate and around trucks. No regrets.

Water runoff on the top needs improvement. Sometimes water runs into the car when door is opened after rain. I think that the attachment of the hard cover over the desended top could be better engineered.

Sporty, economical and FUN!
By DAVESQWIKTOY

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Solara SE-V6 is a great vehicle. It has crisp power and acceleration, responsive handling through tight curves, minimal roll and good braking. The Solara is fun and easy to drive and the controls are easy to access and operate. There is plenty of room for four and it is a great road car. I get lots of complements on its looks, comfort, power and smooth ride. The only downfall I can think of is the amount of road and wind noise you hear when the rear seats are folded down.

Visibility from the driver's position is good, it has a great factory- installed sound ststem, a smooth ride at higher speeds and great styling. for a car its size, it has a huge trunk!

More horsepower and even quicker acceleration! It sometimes shifts a little too soon from first to second, but it has great throttle response at higher speeds.

Love this Ride
By Badjura

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All the reliability of the Camry, all the looks of a sports coupe, and all the luxury of a Lexus. It gets great gas mileage and the 2.4L engine has enough get up and go to satisfy. Big enough back seat to accomodate two adults in comfort and has a large trunk. You will not be disppointed if you choose to buy this car.

The looks, the reliabilty, and the interior comfort.

The 2004 is really really fugly. Gone upscale and the front end looks like the Camry :-(