Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Research pays off
By msupakeng

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I relied on user reviews and Edmunds for months to help me find a new car to buy that I would be pleased with for years to come. I reveiwed several cars before choosing the Solara. It's sporty yet large enough to be practical. It accelerates quickly & breaks smoothly. I love my high quality automobile. I would recommend not only researching the cars themselves but also the financing. The only thing I dislike about my car is the sleazy dealership it came from. They ripped me off. I won't even drive my car by there let alone get it serviced there. So be sure to know all the facts about leasing & buying before you go to the dealership.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, leather interior, trunk space, heated side view mirrors, auto- dimming rear view, overall appearence, Vehicle performed amazingly in front end accident.

Suggested Improvements

Range of keyless entry is too short, would like passenger seat with push button adjustment and seat position memory for driver.

good
By melissa W

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this car is the best cheap car

from corollas to solara
By Richard Hughes

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Moving from 2 previous Corollas, this is a big up. Smooth exceration, quiet ride and excellent sound system. From previous Toyota experience reliablity should not be a concern.

Favorite Features

Stylish exterior, great acceration and quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

Seat could be made more sporty and stain resistant. Front bumper paint peeling from love bugs after 1 summer

Love My Solara
By dollydodah

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My solara is fantastic. It's sporty on the outside and classy on the inside. Very comfortable for four adults. It's a keeper!

Favorite Features

all it's features, especially the heated seats, perforated leather, JBL sound, roomy-quiet interior, smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

gas milege could be better, paint does chip easily.

nice...
By idacosmo

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the only thing i regret is why i didn't buy the trim with leather and rear spoiler..and why it is silver instead of black?? (they should make more black cars) my mistake..othrwise,a dream car for the money. dealrship was not helpful/professional at all,they failed my test.i will buy toyota again,but never from the same people.

Favorite Features

the wood trim,the front cupholders,the very sexy styled design of the interior,the great sound,the nice ride,not bad mileage

Suggested Improvements

back cupholders are joke;ABS should be standard;nice car with bad wheels and poor to avarage tires,comon' extra bucks for nice wheels are Sooo worth it.