2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Average Car
By SCR on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After owning Honda's for many years, I decided to switch to Toyota because I liked the look of my Solara. There's plenty of room. It's smooth riding and handling. It has a luxurious look for the price. Its just not a fine tuned car. It doesn't have the precision of my Honda's. It's an excellent car for someone who wants a vehicle that you put the key in, put gas in it and go. Don't expect to get much more out of it. I compare it to a big econobox that you really can't get much more out of the engine or transmission. Nonetheless, everyone who gets into my car seems to love it. I wish I shared their enthusiasm since I'm the one who drives it everyday.

Worth the wait!!
By Mrs. G. on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately it took appprox. 7 weeks to receive my vehicle, when the vehicle arrived, and we looked it over, it was very much worth the wait! Interior: one would think Lexus, Elegant... Exterior: very sleek design... An eye catcher. Dealership very professional, when the vehicle came in, closing of the deal took only minutes, with the promise of being pampered for a lifetime.

LUXURY/SPORTS CAR CROSSOVER
By INDYCAR on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR! THINKS IT'S A LEXUS. THE SOLARA DEFINITELY HAS LEXUS SOUND DEADENING WHICH RESULTS IN LOW WIND/ROAD NOISE. THE V-6 HAS ENOUGH UMPH TO BREAK OUT OF A STANDING STOP WITH A MONTE CARLO BUT A FEW MORE HP WOULDN'T HURT. LIKE OTHERS, IT SEEMS TO DING EASILY ON THE SIDES. I CHOSE THE SOLARA OVER THE ACCORD, PASSAT, AND THE MAXIMA. THERE WERE NO OTHER CARS IN THEIR CLASS AND PRICE RANGE. WHEN I'M READY TO GIVE UP THE SPORTS CAR SIDE OF ME, I WOULD CONSIDER THE AVALON.

Not a Shock, the average rating is a 9!
By yogi22 on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Figures the average rating would be a 9. If I was aked that is what I would say. Top Down a 10, Top up an 8. When it's up you have to deal with convertible rattle (nothing when the radio is on). Down, it turns heads and performs well. This is NOT a Sports Car, so stop comparing it to Eclipse, Camaro and Stang. Compared to Cabrio and Sebring this car is the only choice. Toyota Service and Reliablity is priceless and what you pay more for it up front, you will get back when (and if) you trade it in.

Over all break even
By nufdude on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over all break even.. Has good performance but in occassions the power lacks.. (v6-200hp engine). Fuel mileage is low comparatively.. stylish look so breaks even..

soooo satisfied
By sooo satisfied on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a 1998 BMW Z3, the Solara is a breath of fresh air. The Z3 was fun to drive, extremely dificult to live with, especially as my only source of transport. I love the Solara and have no regrets about trading in the Z3. The first thing I noticed about the Solara was that the steering is a little soft, but aside from that I'm sooo satisfied

So Far Very Good
By bioedwards on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Solara and the dealer have been the best I have experienced in a long time. The car has had no problems and has performed as expected. The only thing that I could complain about is the quality of the paint and the interior carpet. Both seem to be the cheapest possible.

review of my Solara
By jmeitzen on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very pleased. The 5th Toyota I've owned has the most power AND gets the best gas mileage of them all, plus is safer, smoother, and roomier. Wish I got a sunroof though. The back seat is a little hard to get into from driver's side, but roomy for a 2-door, but a little short on head room. Needs option for a graphic EQ & a deck that plays a CD w/MP3's but sound system is still above avg. I prefer rear wheel drive. Torque steer not bad; level largely determined by tires. Turning circle not as tight as a 96 Camry's. Anyway, I'm not selling the car anytime soon. Excellent value for quality, comfort, and power for the price.

Don't listen to the complainers
By earlgrey_44 on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Trouble free experience with this car. Very quiet and comfortable. Efficient engine. Handles nice.

My Solara
By Angela74 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Solara is responsive car. Handles well in any condition. The interior of the car is nice with the "wood" grain. Gives you a bit of luxury without the price. Road noise is not a problem in this car despite its low profile.