Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

It Rocks !!!
By shank

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Been almost 3 years not... but I can just say, that this car has lived up to my expectations. No major issues at all. Just a few trips to the shop for the top. Interiors are great, excellent space in the rear.

Favorite Features

JBL Sound System, Automatic Climate Control.

Suggested Improvements

Lever to the fuel tank required beneath the driver seat and no the glove comparment.

great car
By fliptop

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though I own a 4-cyl, automatic, the car gave me in excess of 35-mpg at 75 mph on a trip to Ny from Fla. Very comfortable, with 550 miles between fillups. the car is giving me about 30 mpg in everyday use. I'm 6'1", so I need the legroom of a midsize.

Favorite Features

Styling is what converted me to the solara, and a reputation of being bulletproof!

Suggested Improvements

better availiability of the 5-spd/4-cyl model.

Nice car but poor steering
By gordons

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car (bought the 2002 SE V6 new)but the steering is fuzzy (doesn't track well). It takes a lot away from the driving experience for a sporty looking car with a V6.

Favorite Features

Looks, gas mileage, interior layout, smooth engine

Suggested Improvements

Better steering, better paint (chips easily)

Smooth as Silk
By badjura

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car after doin alot of homework...it has paid off. This vehicle is exactly what I was looking for - turn heads, be reliable, and don;t take me to the cleaners on pruchase or maintenance. It has held up its end of the bargain. Its a shame Toyota ruined the loos of the Solara with its 2004 modsel - man, its really overweight looking. My Solara will be with me many years to come as it has checked out with the leading consumer report magazine and has stellar reliability as most Toyota products do. Go for it, this car is a winner.

Favorite Features

Looks, it really quiet, smooth & powerful 4 cyl engine, fuel economy, uniqueness - very few on the road, standard tinted class all around, large back seat, reliability, dependability

Suggested Improvements

Interior wood treatment, could use a tighter turning radius, frameless door windows, has tendancy to creep when fan is on, nothing that would stop me from buying it again

BEST 4 PASSENGER CONVERTIBLE
By realtor steve

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We drove every convertible from $55k on down. Decided we wanted a 4 passenger car. This car is the best:lots of fun to drive, maybe not a real sports car but plenty fast and zippy. In fact it was faster off the line than either the Saab or Volvo convertibles. It was the most comfortable riding of all of them. I don't put a lot of mileage on, but I enjoy this car every day.

Favorite Features

convertible, speed of up & down, smooth ride, zippy pick-up, nice sound system

Suggested Improvements

heated seats, full-attachable tonnueau cover so you don't have to put top up to protect interior for short stops