Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Not as good as my wife's Accord
By kmeister1

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven a Honda Accord but thought they were a bit pricey when I went shopping for a new car. I bought the 2002 Solara during the big sales in June, 2002, when the dealer wanted to make room for the incoming 2003's. I was looking for a reliable, roomy, safe, 5-speed, 4 cylinder vehicle with decent fuel economy. I got all of those but the car handles poorly in wet weather (left turns are especially sloppy) and the thing is too noisy on the highway. Next time I'm in the market for a new car I'm going back to Honda.

Good stereo, safe, comfortable interior, not bad on gas

Better tires, reduce interior noise, improve handling in wet weather

Sporty, economical and FUN!
By DAVESQWIKTOY

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Solara SE-V6 is a great vehicle. It has crisp power and acceleration, responsive handling through tight curves, minimal roll and good braking. The Solara is fun and easy to drive and the controls are easy to access and operate. There is plenty of room for four and it is a great road car. I get lots of complements on its looks, comfort, power and smooth ride. The only downfall I can think of is the amount of road and wind noise you hear when the rear seats are folded down.

Visibility from the driver's position is good, it has a great factory- installed sound ststem, a smooth ride at higher speeds and great styling. for a car its size, it has a huge trunk!

More horsepower and even quicker acceleration! It sometimes shifts a little too soon from first to second, but it has great throttle response at higher speeds.

Love this Ride
By Badjura

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All the reliability of the Camry, all the looks of a sports coupe, and all the luxury of a Lexus. It gets great gas mileage and the 2.4L engine has enough get up and go to satisfy. Big enough back seat to accomodate two adults in comfort and has a large trunk. You will not be disppointed if you choose to buy this car.

The looks, the reliabilty, and the interior comfort.

The 2004 is really really fugly. Gone upscale and the front end looks like the Camry :-(

2002 Hot Momma Solara
By AngelaM

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

VERY fun to drive. Unless a super need for speed, I see no point in buying a V6. The 4-cylinder has LOTS of pick- up. I frequently drive 80 mph on interstate and there is not the shaking of every imaginable part of the vehicle that I was used to before I bought the Solara. Car brakes very well (have avoided several wrecks by quick stops). Although this car was a little beyond my means (I'm a college student), I'll buy yet another red Solara when it's time. LOVE IT.

Sunroof, color, stereo system, back seat comfort, large interior for such a sporty-looking car.

The alarm could be improved. Mine goes off ALL THE TIME. That may be something I need to take care of myself, and not necessarily a defect in every car. Bottom line, I've had trouble with mine. My neighbors don't like it to well, either.

Love at first sight
By roni

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in March 2003. I love the way it looks, and drives. Great for highway driving.

Wood grain interior, leather seats, total look.

Needs better paint, front bumper paint chips easily