2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
soooo satisfied
By sooo satisfied on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a 1998 BMW Z3, the Solara is a breath of fresh air. The Z3 was fun to drive, extremely dificult to live with, especially as my only source of transport. I love the Solara and have no regrets about trading in the Z3. The first thing I noticed about the Solara was that the steering is a little soft, but aside from that I'm sooo satisfied

So Far Very Good
By bioedwards on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Solara and the dealer have been the best I have experienced in a long time. The car has had no problems and has performed as expected. The only thing that I could complain about is the quality of the paint and the interior carpet. Both seem to be the cheapest possible.

review of my Solara
By jmeitzen on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very pleased. The 5th Toyota I've owned has the most power AND gets the best gas mileage of them all, plus is safer, smoother, and roomier. Wish I got a sunroof though. The back seat is a little hard to get into from driver's side, but roomy for a 2-door, but a little short on head room. Needs option for a graphic EQ & a deck that plays a CD w/MP3's but sound system is still above avg. I prefer rear wheel drive. Torque steer not bad; level largely determined by tires. Turning circle not as tight as a 96 Camry's. Anyway, I'm not selling the car anytime soon. Excellent value for quality, comfort, and power for the price.

Don't listen to the complainers
By earlgrey_44 on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Trouble free experience with this car. Very quiet and comfortable. Efficient engine. Handles nice.

My Solara
By Angela74 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Solara is responsive car. Handles well in any condition. The interior of the car is nice with the "wood" grain. Gives you a bit of luxury without the price. Road noise is not a problem in this car despite its low profile.

Love this car!
By princess7093 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was not my first choice for a car. I was set on a Passat or an Audi A4. On a trip to toyota for a friend I saw it and decided to test drive it. It is a great car! The ride is especially smooth and the acceleration is a lot of fun. I am not sorry that I got my Solara. Expect the always excellent quality typical of Toyotas.

I love this car!
By smhmkh on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara used with only a little over 23,000 miles, and it was 3 years old. I love the smooth drive, the power, and the fully loaded interior. It hums with style. I am completely satisfied and would buy another Solara any day.

not impressed
By zippo on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Rode in one that of friend owns. Can you say rattles? Actually considered buying one and I'm satisfied I didn't. The ride and mileage wasn't very impressive either.

Comfortable
By mimi919 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my SLE Solara 3 weeks now and have about 1,500 miles on it. I find the Solara to be a very comfortable car with fantastically comfortable seats,roomy interior front and back....handling at all speeds is very good with a quiet ride. Unfortunately the Solara does lack luxury feature and for that matter even standard features of todays cars such as auto locking door locks,trip computer,rear heat outlets,delay headlights,power passenger seat,ect.

02 Solara Coupe
By Lunar Mist on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in a 1995 2-d Camry with 200k miles for the Solara. This makes the 5th Camry we've owned. Very satisfied with the vehicle. Beautiful machine both in style and performance.