2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great ride.
By EDK on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I seriously love the thing. I owned a 1988 Cadillac Sedan deVille before this one, and the Solara feels much nicer than the Caddy. The acceleration is OK (for a 4-banger) and has been praised by a Trans-Am owner as "having balls" (again, for a 4-banger). Mileage is great, ride is as smooth as the old Caddy, and the stock audio system isn't too bad. It's a royal pain in the butt to change the rear speakers, however. The vehicle itself is quite sexy. Very reliable as well. I've recommended it to many people already :)

Runnemede
By H. Lyle Jones on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed the response. It is very manuverable in traffic. I switched from a full size Cadillac to the Toyota Solara and from day one I have been very pleased. I do not miss the Cadillac.

It saved us
By cyberplaid on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The sad story is that I no longer have this car. Totaled. It good news is that it saved our lives. Unbelievable construction/quiet/responsive/roomy and can take a 60 mph rear end hit. Felt only like a bumper car hit us in the back. I'm replacing the 2002 with a 2003!!!

Not as good as expected
By S A Holt on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After five Camaros and reading Toyota's reviews, I decided to get one. The Toyota was more expensive, but I thought I would keep it longer due to reliabily claims. I really like overall look and handling of the car, but my experience has been less than great. The car has been in the shop more than my Camaro. I have had the Emissions Canister, Service Computer, Sun Visor, door panel and light in glove box replaced and I still have a rattle. This Toyota has had more rattles. The ride is very rough for a car this size (worse than Camaro). I can feel every bump in the road. I like the car, but I don't know if I would ever purchase one again.

Love the New Solara
By skd8433 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Solara I've owned. Fun, flirty, elegant, practical and efficient to drive. Good placement of controls. Excellent looking interior and exterior.

FUN AND SLEEK
By jam on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

FUN TO DRIVE, SLEEK BUT AFFORDABLE, SPORTY BUT STILL ELEGANT

Average Car
By SCR on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After owning Honda's for many years, I decided to switch to Toyota because I liked the look of my Solara. There's plenty of room. It's smooth riding and handling. It has a luxurious look for the price. Its just not a fine tuned car. It doesn't have the precision of my Honda's. It's an excellent car for someone who wants a vehicle that you put the key in, put gas in it and go. Don't expect to get much more out of it. I compare it to a big econobox that you really can't get much more out of the engine or transmission. Nonetheless, everyone who gets into my car seems to love it. I wish I shared their enthusiasm since I'm the one who drives it everyday.

LUXURY/SPORTS CAR CROSSOVER
By INDYCAR on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR! THINKS IT'S A LEXUS. THE SOLARA DEFINITELY HAS LEXUS SOUND DEADENING WHICH RESULTS IN LOW WIND/ROAD NOISE. THE V-6 HAS ENOUGH UMPH TO BREAK OUT OF A STANDING STOP WITH A MONTE CARLO BUT A FEW MORE HP WOULDN'T HURT. LIKE OTHERS, IT SEEMS TO DING EASILY ON THE SIDES. I CHOSE THE SOLARA OVER THE ACCORD, PASSAT, AND THE MAXIMA. THERE WERE NO OTHER CARS IN THEIR CLASS AND PRICE RANGE. WHEN I'M READY TO GIVE UP THE SPORTS CAR SIDE OF ME, I WOULD CONSIDER THE AVALON.

Not a Shock, the average rating is a 9!
By yogi22 on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Figures the average rating would be a 9. If I was aked that is what I would say. Top Down a 10, Top up an 8. When it's up you have to deal with convertible rattle (nothing when the radio is on). Down, it turns heads and performs well. This is NOT a Sports Car, so stop comparing it to Eclipse, Camaro and Stang. Compared to Cabrio and Sebring this car is the only choice. Toyota Service and Reliablity is priceless and what you pay more for it up front, you will get back when (and if) you trade it in.

Over all break even
By nufdude on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over all break even.. Has good performance but in occassions the power lacks.. (v6-200hp engine). Fuel mileage is low comparatively.. stylish look so breaks even..