Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Must Buy Car!
By TOYOTA DRIVER

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drive smoothly, no major problem after 80K miles. Only down size was the price, but everything else is perfect.

Favorite Features

Quietness

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price on vehicle

great car
By fliptop

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though I own a 4-cyl, automatic, the car gave me in excess of 35-mpg at 75 mph on a trip to Ny from Fla. Very comfortable, with 550 miles between fillups. the car is giving me about 30 mpg in everyday use. I'm 6'1", so I need the legroom of a midsize.

Favorite Features

Styling is what converted me to the solara, and a reputation of being bulletproof!

Suggested Improvements

better availiability of the 5-spd/4-cyl model.

Nice car but poor steering
By gordons

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car (bought the 2002 SE V6 new)but the steering is fuzzy (doesn't track well). It takes a lot away from the driving experience for a sporty looking car with a V6.

Favorite Features

Looks, gas mileage, interior layout, smooth engine

Suggested Improvements

Better steering, better paint (chips easily)

Smooth as Silk
By badjura

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car after doin alot of homework...it has paid off. This vehicle is exactly what I was looking for - turn heads, be reliable, and don;t take me to the cleaners on pruchase or maintenance. It has held up its end of the bargain. Its a shame Toyota ruined the loos of the Solara with its 2004 modsel - man, its really overweight looking. My Solara will be with me many years to come as it has checked out with the leading consumer report magazine and has stellar reliability as most Toyota products do. Go for it, this car is a winner.

Favorite Features

Looks, it really quiet, smooth & powerful 4 cyl engine, fuel economy, uniqueness - very few on the road, standard tinted class all around, large back seat, reliability, dependability

Suggested Improvements

Interior wood treatment, could use a tighter turning radius, frameless door windows, has tendancy to creep when fan is on, nothing that would stop me from buying it again

Thoughts On My Solara
By solara28

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).

Favorite Features

Being able to turn my DRLs on or off. Some shifting from the 4-speed auto, plenty of power from the 2.4L 4-banger engine. The seat belt holder attachments are a nice touch. Rear spoiler makes a huge difference in the appearance of this car. Seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Should have made 4 wheel disc anti-lock brakes standard on all trim lines (they listened with the redesigned model). There is still some body flexing and rolling, needs to be more rigid. Should have made 16-inch wheels standard on all trim lines (the SE get 15 inch wheels).