2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Not as good as my wife's Accord
By kmeister1 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven a Honda Accord but thought they were a bit pricey when I went shopping for a new car. I bought the 2002 Solara during the big sales in June, 2002, when the dealer wanted to make room for the incoming 2003's. I was looking for a reliable, roomy, safe, 5-speed, 4 cylinder vehicle with decent fuel economy. I got all of those but the car handles poorly in wet weather (left turns are especially sloppy) and the thing is too noisy on the highway. Next time I'm in the market for a new car I'm going back to Honda.

Sporty, economical and FUN!
By DAVESQWIKTOY on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Solara SE-V6 is a great vehicle. It has crisp power and acceleration, responsive handling through tight curves, minimal roll and good braking. The Solara is fun and easy to drive and the controls are easy to access and operate. There is plenty of room for four and it is a great road car. I get lots of complements on its looks, comfort, power and smooth ride. The only downfall I can think of is the amount of road and wind noise you hear when the rear seats are folded down.

Love this Ride
By Badjura on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All the reliability of the Camry, all the looks of a sports coupe, and all the luxury of a Lexus. It gets great gas mileage and the 2.4L engine has enough get up and go to satisfy. Big enough back seat to accomodate two adults in comfort and has a large trunk. You will not be disppointed if you choose to buy this car.

2002 Hot Momma Solara
By AngelaM on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

VERY fun to drive. Unless a super need for speed, I see no point in buying a V6. The 4-cylinder has LOTS of pick- up. I frequently drive 80 mph on interstate and there is not the shaking of every imaginable part of the vehicle that I was used to before I bought the Solara. Car brakes very well (have avoided several wrecks by quick stops). Although this car was a little beyond my means (I'm a college student), I'll buy yet another red Solara when it's time. LOVE IT.

Love at first sight
By roni on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in March 2003. I love the way it looks, and drives. Great for highway driving.

Research pays off
By msupakeng on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I relied on user reviews and Edmunds for months to help me find a new car to buy that I would be pleased with for years to come. I reveiwed several cars before choosing the Solara. It's sporty yet large enough to be practical. It accelerates quickly & breaks smoothly. I love my high quality automobile. I would recommend not only researching the cars themselves but also the financing. The only thing I dislike about my car is the sleazy dealership it came from. They ripped me off. I won't even drive my car by there let alone get it serviced there. So be sure to know all the facts about leasing & buying before you go to the dealership.

good
By melissa W on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this car is the best cheap car

from corollas to solara
By Richard Hughes on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Moving from 2 previous Corollas, this is a big up. Smooth exceration, quiet ride and excellent sound system. From previous Toyota experience reliablity should not be a concern.

Love My Solara
By dollydodah on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My solara is fantastic. It's sporty on the outside and classy on the inside. Very comfortable for four adults. It's a keeper!

nice...
By idacosmo on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the only thing i regret is why i didn't buy the trim with leather and rear spoiler..and why it is silver instead of black?? (they should make more black cars) my mistake..othrwise,a dream car for the money. dealrship was not helpful/professional at all,they failed my test.i will buy toyota again,but never from the same people.