Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Awesomely Surprised
By MNSargent

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, sunroof, it is roomy in the back.

Suggested Improvements

For a 2002 it is good.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Kansas

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara SLE new in July, 2002. Very reliable - I've put 70,000+ miles on it but have had NO mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles well - especially on curves. Average about 26- 27 MPG on highway. Handles very well in up to 6" of snow. V-6 has a lot of power. Overall fun car to drive!

Favorite Features

Reliability! Leather/wood trim package looks classy. Heated seats. Great handling. Good gas mileage. Large trunk with fold down back seat. Roomy, comfortable back seat for adults. Quiet cabin. Windows allow good visibility overall. Fun, sporty car to drive. Looks and drives like a Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Paint chips and scratches easily. Back seat cup holders are "chinsy." Front passenger seat doesn't go back to original position after you move it forward to allow passengers in back seat - always have to readjust it. Parents - back seat area is not well designed for child safety seat use.

Still in love since 2002
By Kris Peterson Bogacz

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have not had one mechanical problem (except the radio antenna replacement at 100,000 miles) thus far. The car still drives like a new Lexus, such a smooth ride at so many miles. Luxury and comfort--- I'm keeping this car as long as it allows me. No problems with convertible top to date. Had to replacement rear seat cupholder one time. Very flimsy.

Favorite Features

The smooth, luxurious ride, of course, and the sound system rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier backseat cupholders. Oh, the removable convertible cover (stylish when on) is a pain to remove, put on, and store when not in use.

Great Car
By RickH

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the SLE Convertible used with 40K miles. It has been a great car. I added aftermarket heated seats (about $350) and an XM commander radio with PIE adaptor (it plays using the CD button and not with FM modulator). Normal oil changes and maintenance - car runs great and is a blast to drive on sunny days, especially in the spring and fall. Mileage is about 24/gallon. Quiet ride with the top up.

Favorite Features

Great radio. Power top. Homelink garage door opener. Roomy back seat for a two door car. Good trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Power convertible roof cover - the manual boot cover is a real pain to muscle into place, and the car looks unfinished with the top down when the boot cover is not in place.

pikecology
By Pikecology

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used; I love it except for the fair to poor gas mileage and noisy top lowering pistons.

Favorite Features

Top down fast, good alignment and ride. Quiet top down or up!

Suggested Improvements

Got to be a better economy possible. Hoping Toyota goes hybrid and has the first H-convertible.