2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
A Great Sporty Car
By Boston on 07/08/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Solara (had 4cyl and SLE). The V6 5spd is the best! Much more power(200hp) than 4 cyl and much more fun to drive than SLE. Not a sports car, but has a real sporty feel. If you really enjoy the driving experience, you must get the SE V6 5spd! Very quick acceleration, silky smooth and quiet, but responsive and sporty handling. Fine overall quality of workmanship (virtually trouble free). Great bet for the mid-lifer who didn't quite make it to that sports car.

My opinion
By LSC III on 06/21/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great automobile, fun to drive, mechanically solid, looks great, worth the time.

Must Buy Car!
By TOYOTA DRIVER on 04/19/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drive smoothly, no major problem after 80K miles. Only down size was the price, but everything else is perfect.

Fun to Drive
By Paul on 04/12/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the 2002 Toyota Solara Convertable for 3 years now, and I still enjoy driving it, particularly around town, somewhat less so on the highway (especially with the top down, when wind noise can be tiring). For a convertible, you probably can't do better in this price range. I note a few rattles at high speeds, and lately the brakes "shimmy" when slowing from highway speeds, but I've had no mechanical trouble with this car-- just change the oil, rotate the tires, typical wonderful Toyota reliability.

Mid Life Crisis Averted
By Michele J. on 03/17/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For years I've wanted a convertible. This is my 3rd Toyota.This is a great car and fun to drive. The only problem I have had is the convertible top. It seems to catch on the right rear side often. This causes the "lip" behind the back seat to tear. Other than that, no problems.

It Rocks !!!
By shank on 02/02/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Been almost 3 years not... but I can just say, that this car has lived up to my expectations. No major issues at all. Just a few trips to the shop for the top. Interiors are great, excellent space in the rear.

great car
By fliptop on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though I own a 4-cyl, automatic, the car gave me in excess of 35-mpg at 75 mph on a trip to Ny from Fla. Very comfortable, with 550 miles between fillups. the car is giving me about 30 mpg in everyday use. I'm 6'1", so I need the legroom of a midsize.

Nice car but poor steering
By gordons on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car (bought the 2002 SE V6 new)but the steering is fuzzy (doesn't track well). It takes a lot away from the driving experience for a sporty looking car with a V6.

Smooth as Silk
By badjura on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car after doin alot of homework...it has paid off. This vehicle is exactly what I was looking for - turn heads, be reliable, and don;t take me to the cleaners on pruchase or maintenance. It has held up its end of the bargain. Its a shame Toyota ruined the loos of the Solara with its 2004 modsel - man, its really overweight looking. My Solara will be with me many years to come as it has checked out with the leading consumer report magazine and has stellar reliability as most Toyota products do. Go for it, this car is a winner.

BEST 4 PASSENGER CONVERTIBLE
By realtor steve on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We drove every convertible from $55k on down. Decided we wanted a 4 passenger car. This car is the best:lots of fun to drive, maybe not a real sports car but plenty fast and zippy. In fact it was faster off the line than either the Saab or Volvo convertibles. It was the most comfortable riding of all of them. I don't put a lot of mileage on, but I enjoy this car every day.