2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Refined on a budget
By FSTRTHABTR on 08/14/06 01:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I've only owned the car about 8 months, purchased it used for a private party, they kept records on everything this car went thru however, which was very little. To date, it's never been taken in for anything other than routine service. The only thing not absolutely pleasing about this car is the accommodation of someone of my height, at 6'2" I feel a little bit claustrophobic until I open the sunroof.

Best car I have ever owned
By ToyotaForever on 05/29/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to give Toyota a try with the purchase of my 2002 Toyota Solara. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I have had to replace on this car in 4 years is tires and a battery.

So far so good
By MZT on 05/17/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Solara now since Oct. 2003 and have to say that is proving very reliable and generally a pleasure to drive. Still has a nice "tight" ride with a very quiet cabin. It's the only car I've owned that has not developed a rattle or buzz of any kind. The engine doesn't feel or sound like a 4 cyl. but has lots of pick up and excellent gas mileage.

Fun car to drive and easy to own
By Ray on 01/13/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to any buyer. It's extremely reliable, handles great, comfortable ride, power to spare and is just enjoyable to drive it.

A Great Sporty Car
By Boston on 07/08/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Solara (had 4cyl and SLE). The V6 5spd is the best! Much more power(200hp) than 4 cyl and much more fun to drive than SLE. Not a sports car, but has a real sporty feel. If you really enjoy the driving experience, you must get the SE V6 5spd! Very quick acceleration, silky smooth and quiet, but responsive and sporty handling. Fine overall quality of workmanship (virtually trouble free). Great bet for the mid-lifer who didn't quite make it to that sports car.

Must Buy Car!
By TOYOTA DRIVER on 04/19/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drive smoothly, no major problem after 80K miles. Only down size was the price, but everything else is perfect.

great car
By fliptop on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though I own a 4-cyl, automatic, the car gave me in excess of 35-mpg at 75 mph on a trip to Ny from Fla. Very comfortable, with 550 miles between fillups. the car is giving me about 30 mpg in everyday use. I'm 6'1", so I need the legroom of a midsize.

Nice car but poor steering
By gordons on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car (bought the 2002 SE V6 new)but the steering is fuzzy (doesn't track well). It takes a lot away from the driving experience for a sporty looking car with a V6.

Smooth as Silk
By badjura on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car after doin alot of homework...it has paid off. This vehicle is exactly what I was looking for - turn heads, be reliable, and don;t take me to the cleaners on pruchase or maintenance. It has held up its end of the bargain. Its a shame Toyota ruined the loos of the Solara with its 2004 modsel - man, its really overweight looking. My Solara will be with me many years to come as it has checked out with the leading consumer report magazine and has stellar reliability as most Toyota products do. Go for it, this car is a winner.

Thoughts On My Solara
By solara28 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).