2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
BEST 4 PASSENGER CONVERTIBLE
By realtor steve on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We drove every convertible from $55k on down. Decided we wanted a 4 passenger car. This car is the best:lots of fun to drive, maybe not a real sports car but plenty fast and zippy. In fact it was faster off the line than either the Saab or Volvo convertibles. It was the most comfortable riding of all of them. I don't put a lot of mileage on, but I enjoy this car every day.

A Combination of Fun and Pratical
By Jdavis on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car every day I drive it. Several times a week I pat myself on the back for choosing this vehicle. It has room enough for adults, economical to operate, and is a car that should last for years. And yet, it is a blast to drive. I have had two minor items which needed to be repaired. The car is comfortable and solid. It has all the features I want. The wind and outside noise is low for a convertable, but is certainly more than hardtops. Most notable on interstate and around trucks. No regrets.

Toyota Delivers
By load on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great overall car! Toyota quaility is very evident. Extremely fun to drive and it delivers nice power.

Solara Convertible
By mswoods on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Excellent car - poor dealership

Worth the wait!!
By Mrs. G. on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately it took appprox. 7 weeks to receive my vehicle, when the vehicle arrived, and we looked it over, it was very much worth the wait! Interior: one would think Lexus, Elegant... Exterior: very sleek design... An eye catcher. Dealership very professional, when the vehicle came in, closing of the deal took only minutes, with the promise of being pampered for a lifetime.

Easy Decision
By KZ on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After attending the 2002 Auto Show here in town and seeing the Sebring and Solara convertibles on the same floor, I realized there was not comparison. For the same money, the Solara ragtop was the only choice. The Sebring seemed "flimsy" by comparison. This is indeed a rare car. When I tell my friends what I bought half of them have no idea what I'm talking about.

Magnificent
By KCN on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one of the first ones in May 2000 and have been very happy. I wanted a family sized convertible and was about to buy the Chrysler Sebring, even though I wasn't wild about it. Then I heard an aannouncement of the Toyota Solara coming out in a year. I waited a whole year before the first production models were rolled out and have not been sorry about the wait.

Solara Convertible
By grogers on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Terrific vehicle - Lexus like build quality at a Toyota price. Haven't driven the new Chrysler, but if want a convertible and need more than 2 seats, this baby is tough to beat!

Pleasure Trip
By anonymous909 on 03/10/02 17:50 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wow!! A mid-size convertible under $30K with the reliability and power of a high-end Toyota Camry, packed to hilt with extras....not to mention the best and biggest power moonroof available anywhere. Move over Avalon this is by far the best car Toyota makes. I test drove this thing and had to have it. They don't seem to sell these w/o the upgraded package so be prepared not to penny-pinch. Got mine for $29,999 with everything it can possibly come with.

Great Fun . . . Great Car
By lmb on 03/07/02 17:37 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Actually I have a 2001 SLE Convertible, but aside from a few cosmetic alterations the car is identical to the 2002 model. Great car, and a lot of fun to drive. O.K., it's not a true "sports" car, more like a cruiser, but it is so much nicer and more reliable than the Sebring. I looked at the BMW, Saab, and Volo convertibles, but opted for the Toyota. Saved 10k+ and have more room for people sitting in the back seat. Plus less time in the shop means fewer headaches.