2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Awesomely Surprised
By MNSargent on 11/03/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Kansas on 09/19/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara SLE new in July, 2002. Very reliable - I've put 70,000+ miles on it but have had NO mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles well - especially on curves. Average about 26- 27 MPG on highway. Handles very well in up to 6" of snow. V-6 has a lot of power. Overall fun car to drive!

Still in love since 2002
By Kris Peterson Bogacz on 04/21/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have not had one mechanical problem (except the radio antenna replacement at 100,000 miles) thus far. The car still drives like a new Lexus, such a smooth ride at so many miles. Luxury and comfort--- I'm keeping this car as long as it allows me. No problems with convertible top to date. Had to replacement rear seat cupholder one time. Very flimsy.

Great Car
By RickH on 03/14/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the SLE Convertible used with 40K miles. It has been a great car. I added aftermarket heated seats (about $350) and an XM commander radio with PIE adaptor (it plays using the CD button and not with FM modulator). Normal oil changes and maintenance - car runs great and is a blast to drive on sunny days, especially in the spring and fall. Mileage is about 24/gallon. Quiet ride with the top up.

pikecology
By Pikecology on 02/13/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used; I love it except for the fair to poor gas mileage and noisy top lowering pistons.

Refined on a budget
By FSTRTHABTR on 08/14/06 01:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I've only owned the car about 8 months, purchased it used for a private party, they kept records on everything this car went thru however, which was very little. To date, it's never been taken in for anything other than routine service. The only thing not absolutely pleasing about this car is the accommodation of someone of my height, at 6'2" I feel a little bit claustrophobic until I open the sunroof.

Best car I have ever owned
By ToyotaForever on 05/29/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to give Toyota a try with the purchase of my 2002 Toyota Solara. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I have had to replace on this car in 4 years is tires and a battery.

So far so good
By MZT on 05/17/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Solara now since Oct. 2003 and have to say that is proving very reliable and generally a pleasure to drive. Still has a nice "tight" ride with a very quiet cabin. It's the only car I've owned that has not developed a rattle or buzz of any kind. The engine doesn't feel or sound like a 4 cyl. but has lots of pick up and excellent gas mileage.

Fun in the Sun
By CMA on 04/18/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Solara as a Certified Used Toyota. The car gives a Lexus like ride. The V6 accelarates well and the transmission is smooth. The car is very comfortable on long trips.

Fun car to drive and easy to own
By Ray on 01/13/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to any buyer. It's extremely reliable, handles great, comfortable ride, power to spare and is just enjoyable to drive it.