Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I love my car
By jill

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Favorite Features

Still drives smooth after 8 yrs. Still has good pick-up for a 4 cylinder (I would be dangerous in a V6). Comfortable front seat (Do not sit in the back seat). Nice sized trunk. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, light interior - no choice when I purchased the car. Wish opening in trunk could be larger (with seats down and putting items in the trunk). Husband complains about blind spots. I have learned to live with them.

Yippeeee
By Spirit

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2002 Solara, I had always wanted a Solara but had a car so didn't need another one. Once my car hit rock bottom I purchased the Solara. It drives brand new, it handles the road with care, smoothly, gracefully. The person I purchased the car from took great care of it...no scratches on the exterior and the interior didn't look worn at all. As I write this review, the check engine light has came on so I'm going to my favorite mechanic to check it out, hopefully nothing expensive but the car is 7yrs old so I guess i can expect a little something. I will let you know if it was something major. Buy Toyota Solara!!!

Favorite Features

smooth driving

Suggested Improvements

nothing thus far

Good value
By DB

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 4 years. Smooth, quiet, only replaced tires during this time. Dependable, and enjoyable to drive. Excellent sound system. Very reliable. Expect to have this car for many years to come.

Favorite Features

stereo, smooth v6, good power to MPG balance

Suggested Improvements

Top boot is a pain to put on/off. Power passenger seat. Heated seats.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ladylilu

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new and would've kept it until the wheels fell off, but a Dodge turned left in front of me and killed the car. But WOW, I can't believe how well my Solara did in the accident! She protected me well. I had the car for almost 6.5 years, 144,000 miles. Maintenance: Oil changes, battery and tires, brakes, tensioner, belts, catalytic converter (at ~135K), regular factory maintenance. Car was amazing. I miss it! I would trust the car to get me anywhere. 27mpg city (always), 30-32mpg highway (depending on if I was driving or my husband) :o). Buy one if you can!

Favorite Features

Interior -- ritzy looking and comfortable. LOVED my JBL sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Velour cloth seats were somewhat annoying, as my clothing kept getting bunched up against the back seat... Small annoyance, but one nonetheless.

Not too bad but could be better
By chin 2

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 1st convertible & although the top down is nice I am very disappointed with the mpg which is 19 not the 22-23I was hoping for. The leather is hard and the kids need to sit on pillows because of that. It has a squeak that's annoying when driving at low speeds. and the paint quality isn't great for a white pearl color. It is peppy and the radio/cd is nice. We had it for 3 months now and only got a valet key with it and now the dealer has to replace the ecm to have new master keys programmed and made. The ecm is free, keys aren't. Overall for 7300 price its an ok deal. I just wish I got better mpg, also it does have an occasional puff of smoke on start ups, aka valve seals worn, fun car though.

Favorite Features

Radio and CD player also conv. top and peppy

Suggested Improvements

Better leather seats & steering wheel and paint that doesn't discolor easy, trunk release button by the driver, mpg indicator in dash, auto door locks & non power antenna